Decent honest mechanic in Claremore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's an electrical issue Hughes Auto Electric can't be beat. He's about a mile from RSU. Been in business in Claremore for probably 30 years. 918-341-4484 Mike Hughes

Oh, and don't use Raceway Towing. He likes trading towjobs for blowjobs. Got busted in the past year for it..

Actually his name is Mike Ozbun and he is my cousin. And yes stay far away from raceway towing that guy is a creep.

Kurt's Toyota

That would be my suggestion as well since he is very knowledgeable about toyotas.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently they got it towed over to Hughes Auto Electric this afternoon and he's going to take a look at it tomorrow.

Thanks a ton for all the help, guys!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike is a good mechanic. He just isint super cheap the last i knew of.

Yup, Mike got it fixed. Turns out it was a fuse of some kind, AND then when he got it fixed, it was misfiring or running rough somehow. He asked if there was a chance someone had hooked up a set of jumper cables backwards and it turned out the first guy who tried to jump it did exactly that. <facepalm> When he did, he blew another fuse or relay of some kind on one of the injectors.

Hughes Auto Electric got it all fixed up and it's fine, although apparently the radio no longer works. (sigh) Not his fault, of course.

Total bill ended up a coupla hundred bucks, but it's back on the road and running well, thanks to Hughes. And thanks to OSA for the recommendations, it means alot when you're many miles away and can't get there to do something yourself to have a great community like this chip in and point you in the right direction.

Thanks OSA!

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure hasn't been my expierence, wife and I have have been members forever and have used the towing service on several ocasions. Maybe if you call in the middle of an ice storm when finding any tow truck is pure luck, under normal conditions they usually show up in 1/2 hour.

Hmmm...I think that gun4hire meant that once you join there is a one-week wait before you can use the towing service not that it takes a week for the towers to respond when called.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm...I think that gun4hire meant that once you join there is a one-week wait before you can use the towing service not that it takes a week for the towers to respond when called.

Could be I misunderstood what he was saying. As said wife and I have been AAA members for years and don't remember far enough back to know what went down when we first joined. We even called a tow truck for a friends car when we were riding with him and his transimmision died. I wasn't aware a member could do that till it happened.

Only bad expierence I ever had was kinda my own fault for letting the tow truck driver talk me into towing my van to his buddy's shop rather than a Dodge dealer. Was in Florida and my fuel pump quit. His buddy replaced the fuel pump with some after market thing from an auto parts store. The new pump died shortly after I got back in Oklahoma and I was never able to get anything out of the independent shop in Florida. If I had taken it to a Dodge dealer in Florida (like I intended to) it would have been under warranty and wouldn't have cost me anything the second time.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, Mike got it fixed. Turns out it was a fuse of some kind, AND then when he got it fixed, it was misfiring or running rough somehow. He asked if there was a chance someone had hooked up a set of jumper cables backwards and it turned out the first guy who tried to jump it did exactly that. <facepalm> When he did, he blew another fuse or relay of some kind on one of the injectors.

Hughes Auto Electric got it all fixed up and it's fine, although apparently the radio no longer works. (sigh) Not his fault, of course.

Total bill ended up a coupla hundred bucks, but it's back on the road and running well, thanks to Hughes. And thanks to OSA for the recommendations, it means alot when you're many miles away and can't get there to do something yourself to have a great community like this chip in and point you in the right direction.

Thanks OSA!

Glad it was only a couple fuses. It could have been much worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom