Deer Harvest Numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Doe numbers were about the same, maybe slightly less in numbers. Fawn numbers have been down the last 3 years. Mature bucks........way down to almost nonexistent in my area.

As far as the internet check in, I like it. It's 15-20 miles between towns up here, and not all the towns had them. Those that did have them, often had screwy hours, or closed on Sundays. Some of the stations, allowed the locals to thumb through the check in book, so everyone knew what you shot and in what area. In one large town up here, the check station was at the No 1 fire station. One year, they closed at dark on the first evening of rifle season, because the OU game was on.......people were pissed. The honesty issue, GW's busted guys every year with several deer not checked in, so that was going on before the change already. I did enjoy going to the check station when I was a kid with dad though....they had grape and peach Nehi!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doe numbers were about the same, maybe slightly less in numbers. Fawn numbers have been down the last 3 years. Mature bucks........way down to almost nonexistent in my area.

As far as the internet check in, I like it. It's 15-20 miles between towns up here, and not all the towns had them. Those that did have them, often had screwy hours, or closed on Sundays. Some of the stations, allowed the locals to thumb through the check in book, so everyone knew what you shot and in what area. In one large town up here, the check station was at the No 1 fire station. One year, they closed at dark on the first evening of rifle season, because the OU game was on.......people were pissed. The honesty issue, GW's busted guys every year with several deer not checked in, so that was going on before the change already. I did enjoy going to the check station when I was a kid with dad though....they had grape and peach Nehi!

Dang lazy firemen. ;-)

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score

We pretty much mirrored those statements here in NE OK.

ImTheDude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By far and away the fewest amount of deer I've seen in the last 15 years. Previous years, I'd see 10-15 deer (a lot of times all does) every hunt, majority of hunts this year I didn't see a single deer.

BuckRoar

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My complaint about the online check in is for youth (<16) hunters.
Do you have your kids SSN number memorized? I don't and for ID Safety don't carry it around. Even though I have their hunting license in my hand, I can't check their deer in unless I go home or call home to get the SSN.
That part seems less than smart to me.

Honest people will be honest, and dishonest people will do dishonest things. I doubt there is 100% on line check in of all deer harvested. Probably just like there wasn't 100% of deer going to check stations.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The overall numbers of deer were way down in my area. Bucks, does, and fawns. I talked to the guy that processes my deer yesterday. His business reported a 50% decline in deer this year. This was my first year to use the online check in for the single doe I shot. Had connection issues, but finally got it to go.

iluvlabs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My complaint about the online check in is for youth (<16) hunters.
Do you have your kids SSN number memorized? I don't and for ID Safety don't carry it around. Even though I have their hunting license in my hand, I can't check their deer in unless I go home or call home to get the SSN.
That part seems less than smart to me.

Honest people will be honest, and dishonest people will do dishonest things. I doubt there is 100% on line check in of all deer harvested. Probably just like there wasn't 100% of deer going to check stations.

To be honest this is a pretty stupid post.

The deer numbers were down throughout most of the state. The online check station has zero to do with the low numbers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom