Shout out to a great experience from Umarex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently got a Umarex P08 blowback air pistol from an Amazon/used deal. Get the thing and it looks and feels like brand new. One slight problem though: The magazine is supposed to have a screw that you tighten to lock the CO2 cylinder in place and it was --- missing.

So I take to the internet to try to find a replacement and strike out. I move on to the next option before spending $50 on a replacement magazine, which is calling Umarex.

Now at this point I got to be educated because I learned that Umarex is out of Fort Smith, Arkansas, so that's cool. I noticed it had the same address as Walther and when I asked about that I got to learn that they are the same company. Also cool, I like my Walthers.

But the real shoutout is that I got a real person on the line in under 30 seconds. I told him my problem and when he couldn't find a part number so I could order that dumb screw, he tracked one down, stuffed it in an envelope and put it headed my direction. No BS worrying about receipts or blah blah. Just good quality customer service. Makes me feel better about the multiple other products I have from them. So figured I'd take a minute to share the experience.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's good to hear. Just acquired a new FN-502 pistol in .22RF made by Umarex that is a clone of the FN-509. Makes me feel good that they have great customer service if anything is needed.

I have a 502 as well. It broke on the first magazine. Called 'em up and had a shipping label in about 2 mins. About a week went by and they called and said they were sending me a new gun. The guy apologized that I'd have to go pick it up at my FFL dealer instead of having it shipped back to my house. The new one has been flawless and I really like it.

Also had a very positive experience with the Vortex Optics warranty department this week. They're outstanding, too.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to call hornady 2x to get some expander balls that broke for dies I have. On the second call I got a talking to about not have registered my dies, but they sent them anyways. It was a bit of a comparison moment compared to Umarex. It also got me thinking how long it'd take to fill out the registration cards for like 20+ diesets.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 502 as well. It broke on the first magazine. Called 'em up and had a shipping label in about 2 mins. About a week went by and they called and said they were sending me a new gun. The guy apologized that I'd have to go pick it up at my FFL dealer instead of having it shipped back to my house. The new one has been flawless and I really like it.

Also had a very positive experience with the Vortex Optics warranty department this week. They're outstanding, too.
I have a couple hundred rounds from mine currently. Flawless from the 1st shot. What broke on yours?

Latest posts

Top Bottom