Deer vs. Bobcat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's awesome. I can't believe that a bobcat was able to catch a deer if it was healthy...even a big bobcat. You're lucky...not many people have seen that.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man that is a big bobcat! He almost the size of a mountain lion from the looks of those pics. :yikes2:

Congrats on seeing this. I think I've seen 2 bobcats in my life (in the wild). And they were only glimpses. They are shy for sure.

ETA: What part of the state was this? Just curious.

rct84

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I could tell the deer wasn't to concerned about it. When the deer went into the creek bottom is when I think the bobcat got him cause he had a pretty good chunk out of him on the back of the neck.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's insane, once in a lifetime experience.

I am leaning to the deer was wounded/sick or something. I would think a healthy, adult deer would stomp and kick the crap out of a bobcat.

But that is a big bobcat. I've only seen one that big and it was down near McAlester. The ones we have up hear are pretty small usually.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw more bobcats than deer this weekend. My son saw 3 at a time Yesterday morning and 1 was climbing a tree. He said it was pretty cool. Bet we don't see any on the 5th and 6th. Would sure like to have one mounted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom