Weird Deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's what I was told by a warden today.
I don't see signs of fighting. He has nothing broken on his antlers. Not saying one good hit could have knocked him silly, but not likely. The second video where he was high stepping didn't show any obvious body injuries. Full mobility, and finally he is eating which injured/sick deer sometimes do not do. They go lay up to heal or die.
My guess is rutted out or has been said, someone kicked out a pet. Definitely a strange situation.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see signs of fighting. He has nothing broken on his antlers. Not saying one good hit could have knocked him silly, but not likely. The second video where he was high stepping didn't show any obvious body injuries. Full mobility, and finally he is eating which injured/sick deer sometimes do not do. They go lay up to heal or die.
My guess is rutted out or has been said, someone kicked out a pet. Definitely a strange situation.

The degloved tail is bizarre. Sure would like to know his story.
I agree with you its a strange situation. Other than acting weird and the tail missing all skin and hair on most it. The deer wasn't overly thin from the rut. If I see him today and have a buddy with me i may see how tame he really is. After looking at the other videos I could see him being a tame deer. He walks around like like people, dogs, noise doesn't affect him. I have about 8 videos of him but some were too big to load on page.

Latest posts

Top Bottom