Dicks Sporting goods coming to BA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobBarker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They tend to have Remington Gun Clubs (target load shotgun shells) on perpetual sale at $4 a box or so after mail in rebate. That's the "cheapest, best" shell you can buy. The same shells run closer to $7 or $8 at Academy.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All they said last nite on the radio was in the complex of stores around Broken Arrow Target. So we can look forward to more nit-wits telling us we can use 308 in 30/06 cuse it's the same size bullet in a shorter case .

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All they said last nite on the radio was in the complex of stores around Broken Arrow Target. So we can look forward to more nit-wits telling us we can use 308 in 30/06 cuse it's the same size bullet in a shorter case .

or 25-06

Actually has one of wally world's super geniuses try and tell me that the only difference between a 30-06 and a 25-06 was bullet weight, they were both ought sixes. He then went on to explain that a 30-06 used a 30 "gram" bullet and a 25-06 used a 25 "gram" bullet.

Must have had gram on the brain from his last 15 minuet break.:loser:

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent a few years out in VA a few years back, They had Dicks Sporting Goods and Galyans Sporting Goods.. Dicks was more of a "sporting goods" store IE: Team sports/Golf with a small hunting/fishing department, Galyans was the exact opposite, lots of hunting/fishing/camping/hiking, LARGE gun section and a smaller team sports section.

Dicks ended up buying out Galyans and promptly removed all the cool stuff replacing it with shoulder pads and softballs....

I really missed Galyans once it was gone..

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I visited Dick's sporting goods on a regular basis when stationed out in GA. Their hunting/fishing departments aren't nearly as good as Academy's, but their golf shop is amazing by comparison as is their selection of active wear (by active wear I mean athletic clothing that wicks moisture and breathes). If hunting/shooting/fishing are your only outdoor hobbies, stick to Academy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom