Did They have to Shoot The Gorilla?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But they (the captive animal) don't know why they're behaving differently, or even that they are behaving differently, correct? Killer whales in captivity, droopy dorsal, but not in the wild. A captive born killer whale doesn't know anything else, so I have a hard time believing it purposely has a limp dorsal because it's "pouting or sad".

Not that the dorsal is an example of emotional response, it's likely physical degradation similar to putting a human in small cage and wondering why he would have an arched spine. However, Killer whale behavior in captivity, in terms of being abnormal is well documented.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad stuff. Jack Hanna said they did the right thing, guess he knows a few things about this stuff... So no one here ever had a kid who got away from them or did something really stupid or dangerous? Wow. I have 4 that by some miracle all made it to adulthood some how. They were all rambunctious little animals. Different mothers too, so they got it from me I suppose. My dad called me and my sibs 'yard apes', ironically.

My youngest got out once- still in diapers but was big enough to be walking and being potty trained. She managed somehow to open up and get out the front door while I was just a few feet away in the kitchen making her food thinking she was playing peacefully in front of the TV on her activity blanket right where I had just put her just a few moments earlier. Came to check on her and she was g o n e. About half a minute later my sister who was living with me for a bit and was outside having a cig snagged her in the driveway and brought her in. We live in the sticks up on the mountain in northern CA, if she had gotten away from the house no telling what would have eaten her out there. I got lucky. The same kid used to run away from us when we left stores and finally one day at the bank she got away from us and a car coming thru knocked her down and RAN over both legs. Ambulance rushed her to the hospital. Nothing was broken weirdly, not even a blood vessel. Tire tracks still on her little legs too. The next day she was back at home but that time she did learn her lesson, thankfully she never ran away from us like that again. Her nickname is still 'speedbump' to this day. Think she was about 4. All my kids did some messed up stuff at one time. Theyre kids...

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Poor choices often lead to an innocent death. Drugs, DWI, mishandling of firearms. And without getting into what we think about abortion, even those deaths are the result of choices. Sometimes we make good choices, and then there are those other times.

Think what the comments would be if this was a black family.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it is a black family
It was a black boy. Are we sure on the mother?

Her voice has me picturing her as white, stringy dirty blonde hair, moderately overweight, excercise shorts, tourist t-shirt from a vacation to Florida in 2005. Probably drinking a 44oz or larger soda. Maybe an energy drink. That's just what she sounds like.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was half n half I believe. Some BLM folks were already screamin "white privilege" for a moment....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom