Directness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Directness

• I say exactly what I think!

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • I don't say exactly what i think because I don't want to upset someone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do a little of both, but mostly I try to say exactly what I think

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • I do a little of both, mostly, I don't say what i exactly think

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would you say what you think, because you think it is honest and seemingly helpful, but you risk upsetting a person?

Or

Do you don't say what you think because you don't want to upset them, even if that means lying?

Special relationships are excluded. aka what you tell your wife or husband.
If you think the poll should include husbands and wives, say so and we can change that.

I don't know if this has been polled before. Apologies if it has.
Also, The words in the last sentence are a little...well... awkward. Not sure if I can change that.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't like your choices.
Directness in relating facts is often helpful, but "directness" in opinions is often a form of verbal bullying.
Personally, I usually absent myself from a discussion being dominated by someone being "direct" with their "superior opinions" which tend to be light on facts and objectivity.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
It depends on the situation. A big part of my job is being brutally honest with people, even if it's not what they want to hear. But then again, that's why my opinion is sought out on those particular matters. When it comes to personal topics I will try to take the more tactful and quiet approach.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rod,
Saying what you think does not only imply bullying because once can be polite and still say what one is thinking.

Also, i don't understand this connection with superiority. Saying what you think does not imply superiority. If someone says correct factual content that does not mean they think they are superior. They are just stating knowledge. Often it is those that had it wrong that then tend to think the other feels superior. IT is YOUR interpretation that the OTHER feels superior. You don't actually know that. It is a comforting thought though, especially right after you've been told what someone else thinks.

Last edited:

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say what I think and I try to have an actual opinion. This country is the way it is because 95% of you go insane lengths to get out of having an opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom