Ditching Cable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have used a large antennae in the attic for over thirty years and have run all the cable to four TV's using splitters of course. We receive without problem all of 4, 5, 9, 13, 14, 25, 34,43, 52 and 62 in OKC

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the daughter the samsung wireless blueray back in Dec and she has yet to complain about it and she watches netflix all the time on it i got it on sale from walmart for $68

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing i would miss the least without tv, would be the reporting of the snow storms. OMG you should stay home, but we have all our storm trackers out reporting snow flakes.

DamnYankeeOK

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ditched Cox cable a long time ago. I just have their internet and may get rid of it and get wireless. I get around 30 channels on antenna here in
Claremore. I read that over the next few years cable will really be going up. Also Time Warner and Comcast are joining up, so less competition. The
cable companies and the telephone company have a monopoly here. One is as high priced as the other. Our only hope is that wireless or wi-fi will
get here for free like Google is doing in some places.

Time Warner and Comcast don't compete against each other. There won't be any change in competition.

I ditched cable/home phone 2 years ago and ditched netflix 6 months ago. I now strictly use Internet to stream current shows. It's great 30minutes after it airs it's on the internet for free. Only spending 40 a month for att's fastest internet.

So do you promote theft (piracy)? From whatbin have seen the networks don't post their shows that quickly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No TV. Try it.

No thanks.

Your addicted? I was pretty much raised without TV, just never got into sitting in front of it for hours each day. More to do out in the world than that. I don't dun those that do, just not my bag. I would rather be outside doing something.

Do I think I have a richer/deeper life, no. As I have nothing to compare it with. Just never been a fan of it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh and im still using the old analogue antenna that i bought 30+ years ago, one of these days i might get one of the new digital antennas to see if i can get more channels

It won't help unless it's a different frequency range. An antenna is an antenna. A "digital antenna" is just a marketing buzzword to get you to spend more money.

Thomas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most times you cancel Cox for telephone and cable and keep internet they don't actually cut off all the cable. Most of the people I know that have "cut the cord" still get all the locals over the cable. That doesn't get you ESPN or much else, but most of the other stuff is crap anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom