Do the Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a cop hater, but I find it interesting how they never seem to miss a shot on a dog but will often empty their magazine firing at a human and may never hit the subject.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you come on my property uninvited and my dog gets aggressive he is doing his job, you shoot him and we're gonna have problems

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People get all up in arms about police shooting brown people, but the one that is even more perplexing to me is them shooting dogs so often. I mean - brown people sometimes have guns. Dogs never have guns, at least the dogs I know.

I just don't get it. You know who deals with dogs more often that cops and doesn't shoot them like it's going out of style?

-postal workers
-meter readers
-trash collectors
-lawn guys
-plumbers
-electricians
-anyone in construction
-surveyors
-line crewman
-city workers
-tow truck drivers
-cyclists
-joggers

and on and on. Whatever happened to a steel-toed boot to the chest of an angry fido? Pepper spray? Even picking up an object and hitting an "attacking" dog probably won't permanently injure them. Dogs are resilient. These are all ways the people above deal with dogs.

I put "attacking" in quotation marks because I grew up in a town where a local cop shot a tethered golden in a yuppie neighborhood while responding to an alarm call. In broad daylight. Named Fluppy. He then flipped off the news crew who filemed him at some training class he was ordered to attend and got fired. Cool guy.

we're not allowed to carry any weapons or pepper spray at my work. I've been bitten 7 times by dogs who "would lick you to death" or

"oh, they don't bite"

sleeperx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did the same job as Elwood for 14 yrs. Only bitten twice. Both times in Edmond. When I started running rural routes I always had dog treats with me and never was bitten. Fastest way to a dogs heart is through its stomach.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get where the cop is coming from. A few weeks ago my wife and I were running through the neighborhood when a half lab / half St. Bernard jumps a fence behind us (6' wood fence mind you)

As it barked and ran at us, I swiftly and tactically stopped and said no.

.....Then walked it to its home while fighting off vicious licks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DB in question

Attachments

• Logan-Ellers.jpg
    Logan-Ellers.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 90

cptnhowdy138

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you take in an animal it's not just a pet it becomes a part of the family. As for the officer I could understand the shooting and see it justified. It's not the choice I would have made but...I am not afraid of a dog charging me. It's when they start using me as a chew bone is when I would react

Latest posts

Top Bottom