Do the Police

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People get all up in arms about police shooting brown people, but the one that is even more perplexing to me is them shooting dogs so often. I mean - brown people sometimes have guns. Dogs never have guns, at least the dogs I know.

I just don't get it. You know who deals with dogs more often that cops and doesn't shoot them like it's going out of style?

-postal workers
-meter readers
-trash collectors
-lawn guys
-plumbers
-electricians
-anyone in construction
-surveyors
-line crewman
-city workers
-tow truck drivers
-cyclists
-joggers

and on and on. Whatever happened to a steel-toed boot to the chest of an angry fido? Pepper spray? Even picking up an object and hitting an "attacking" dog probably won't permanently injure them. Dogs are resilient. These are all ways the people above deal with dogs.

I put "attacking" in quotation marks because I grew up in a town where a local cop shot a tethered golden in a yuppie neighborhood while responding to an alarm call. In broad daylight. Named Fluppy. He then flipped off the news crew who filemed him at some training class he was ordered to attend and got fired. Cool guy.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guarantee you we would have been bitten and injured if we would have tried to load that dog up," Walton said. "I'm not getting into the dog ambulance business. We can't do that. We're not going to do it.

Nice. No animal control in Claremore or Owasso that could help? Maybe a farmer/rancher that's not scared of animals?

Leaving a note? Absurd.

I watch my doberman like a hawk and he's never outside with out supervision as I'm sure he looks like a good test medium for .40 JHP to some.

All these people who are offering suggestions on what could've or should've been done - I'd love to see them demonstrate how you do this."

Like I say, ask some local meter readers, Scott.

Amazing that there are far less cops that the other professions that deal with dogs, but cops are the only ones who can't come up with a solution besides rat-a-tat-tat.

Reason #3,476 why I do not use the alarm system on my house. Everyone I know with an alarm system has it go off multiple times - never once for a break-in. Doesn't keep cops from hopping your fence if your neighbor's goes off, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom