Do you think any of our LEO not supporting OK SDA or conceal carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see both sides of this as well...BB is right...lots of dumbasses are armed and just like a teen driver might run you over, they might shoot you by accident at McDonalds...I suppose the fact you must petition the gov't and pay to exercise a right is crap, but then again, the other side of me at least would feel better if folks had to demonstrate competency (at no cost of course) before they got their permit...the CC class doesn't teach these zombies a thing about gun safety, maintenance, or fire arms etiquette.

I agree completely. If folks understood that with rights comes responsibilities and they took that responsibility to be safe and proficient seriously I suspect we would not be in the position that we are with having to apply for and pay to receive a license. But ... it is what it is ... everybody screams for their right to do this, that or the other thing and nobody wants to take responsibility for their own actions or take into account how their irresponsibility might affect not only others but themselves in the end ... BY GOD IT'S THEIR RIGHT PERIOD ... I tend to agree with S4F when he says we are all fooked ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that you may be confused as to the qualification of the typical LEO. GC is the exception when it comes to safety and ability, the average officer is no safer with a weapon than the average citizen.

Well, I do not disagree with that but I've seen him shoot. :naughty: You are right, GC is the exception to the rule. He has several co-workers who are very, very, very good shots and whom I would trust with my life. He also has some whom I think he needs to just go ahead and push to the front of the line so they don't shoot him by accident. Still, that doesn't excuse any civilian from getting enough training to be safe and proficient with a weapon.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are many, many people who carry a gun and have little or no common sense, let alone any training in weapons handling. I know a few. There are also many who have better training and instincts than most of us. I know a few of these type as well.
Both groups should enjoy the same rights as the other. If the first group can be taught and mentored by the second group then we will be better off for it.As it has been stated, the first group is a problem, however, it is the price we pay for living in a supposed free society.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It terrifies me that most people think it's OK to have to meet some qualifier, then pay to exercise their rights.

OK - freedom of speech, let's see your punctuation skills scores....OK...now hand over 100 bucks.
Freedom of the press, let's see how you spin the story about youths targeting old people...fine...100 bucks, please.

Yahtzee! The simple fact of the matter is that our culture no longer ties in proficiency at arms with ownership of the same. Doesn't mean that ownership or even bearing should be bridled by a requirement for the demonstration of proficiency. At least not when we weight very heavily the concept of personal responsibility. How's that go about "dangerous freedom"?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can go into any store and buy a dangerous weapon. All I need to do is fork over the cash and produce my license and I'm golden. All I had to do to get my license was pass a written exam, a brief proficiency test and pay the state my fees.

Afterwards I can loan that weapon to anybody I choose, as long as they are have a valid permit.

I just hope they don't kill somebody with it.

I want it back in my garage before 11:00pm. thank you.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can go into any store and buy a dangerous weapon. All I need to do is fork over the cash and produce my license and I'm golden. All I had to do to get my license was pass a written exam, a brief proficiency test and pay the state my fees. Afterwards I can loan that weapon to anybody I choose, as long as they are have a valid permit. I just hope they don't kill somebody with it. I want it back in my garage before 11:00pm. thank you.

...and which amendment covers this? Driving is a privilege.

Latest posts

Top Bottom