Dog food

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmotulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been using Purina Pro Plan Selects for a good year now. Doggy seems to like it and its "all natural" ingredients. I used to feed her Iams for small dogs but I couldn't find it for a while (and wanted something healthier anyway). Its about 12 bucks a bag at petsmart and being a 7lb dog, it takes her a good 2 months to go through the smallest bag.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been using Purina Pro Plan Selects for a good year now. Doggy seems to like it and its "all natural" ingredients. I used to feed her Iams for small dogs but I couldn't find it for a while (and wanted something healthier anyway). Its about 12 bucks a bag at petsmart and being a 7lb dog, it takes her a good 2 months to go through the smallest bag.

You sure you dont have a gerbil? I thought my kids puggle was small at 25-30lbs (guessing, but she is a stout/heavy little dog). She goes through a 20lb bag of the beneful in about 4 weeks or so.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an 11 month old Brittany that I just switched over to Veterenary Formulated Puppy.

I tried both Blue Buffalo's chicken and lamb flavors of puppy food but they didn't agree with his stomach and caused diarrhea.

IDK if I'll stick with the VF but he seems to like it so far.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an 11 month old Brittany that I just switched over to Veterenary Formulated Puppy.

I tried both Blue Buffalo's chicken and lamb flavors of puppy food but they didn't agree with his stomach and caused diarrhea.

IDK if I'll stick with the VF but he seems to like it so far.

If you just SWITCHED the food on him, that is why he had diarrhea, you have to mix 80/20 More old then new, and GRADUALLY switch to new foods, any new food is going to upset their stomach, All told when I switched my girl to The Wilderness I spent about 2 weeks weening her off the filler foods, and onto the good stuff, no tummy issues and no diarrhea.

The reason they poo runny is they are literally processing the food faster as it doesnt have all the FILLER in it that normal food does.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you just SWITCHED the food on him, that is why he had diarrhea, you have to mix 80/20 More old then new, and GRADUALLY switch to new foods, any new food is going to upset their stomach, All told when I switched my girl to The Wilderness I spent about 2 weeks weening her off the filler foods, and onto the good stuff, no tummy issues and no diarrhea.

The reason they poo runny is they are literally processing the food faster as it doesnt have all the FILLER in it that normal food does.

Way ahead of you, sport.

When I switched him onto the Blue Buffalo (from the Pro Pac the breeder was giving him) I went from: all Pro Pac -> 25% BB 75% Pro Pac -> 50/50 -> 75/25 -> all BB over the space of like a week. I did the same thing switching him to VF.

I really wanted the Blue Buffalo to work and I waited longer than I probably should have for his system to adjust. He started on it from shortly after I got him at 8 weeks, and I just finished switching him to 100% VF this morning.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: thought about it, didn't like the amount of grain filler in VF, so I went the other way.

Killed the last of the VF while switching over to Merrick Grain-Free and couldn't be happier.

Latest posts

Top Bottom