Douglas Champlin Passes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSU Sig

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
There is a Champlin action that is listed in the Blue Book. I have held a LH 270 Champlin rifle in the store at the airport in Enid. The Champlin action was highly respected.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Champlin Firearms

Champlin Firearms began in Enid, Oklahoma, due to Doug Champlin's keen interest in both sporting and military firearms. It first opened in 1966 with full efforts to build a custom sporting rifle using a rifle action of its own design. Today, it is the only made to order custom rifle with quality wood and steel, incorporating its own turn bolt action.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It originally started out as Champlin-Haskin Firearms, and they also imported some nice O/U shotguns. Now, it is mostly work on high-end bolt guns and British/European double rifles. Doug Champlin sold out YEARS ago. Their shop is at Woodring Airport in Enid. If you're gonna' be in the area, call and ask George Caswell if you can come by for a look see/tour. Bring your own bib. They frown upon your drooling on the guns in their walk-in safe. And, if you are interested, I have several Champlin take-off and/or unfinished barrels and action parts for sale in the Classifieds! Very dear friend of mine was their shop foreman when he died quite unexpectedly back in 1996. I bought a number of bits and pieces from his estate after we lost him, and I have utilized all I am going to at this point in time.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, as stated above, the walk in safe is incredible. Not to many places around where you can walk in and pick up .600 NE double rifle, then walk over look at some drillings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom