Driver intentionally hits passing motorcycle...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty messed up by the car driver. He'll get the law thrown at him, I hope. However, I like all the violations the guy with the camera made and then acts like he did. I'm guessing he was well over 100mph in most of the video and then passes on a double yellow line. There is a part of me that has no sympathy for the motorcycle rider.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll agree the cyclist shouldn't have passed, even though none of the speeds involved looked excessive, it was a no passing zone.

What I find really interesting now is that I just saw a gofundme page for the cyclist, and his GF. Guess I am way old school, but I've never looked for other people to cover me financially. I guess it's nice that there are vehicles to promote help like that now, but I've always just done what needed to be done...

None of the speeds looked excessive? You really think the camera guy was at or below the speed limit? I think you need you eyes checked.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of the speeds looked excessive? You really think the camera guy was at or below the speed limit? I think you need you eyes checked.

Guess we are looking at two different videos. Looked like a normal acceleration to pass to me, not a roll on hard and blow by them. That bike could have come by that old fart so fast he wouldn't have had time to react like that. I've passed faster than that in a 5000+lb pickup.

So maybe you need to get your eyes, and your manners checked!(it's easy to disagree with someone without being a dick, it's called "class")

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's going to be hard to prove that the driver intentionally wrecked the motorcycle. The video helps, but does not prove intent. His defense will probably be it was just an accident.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty messed up by the car driver. He'll get the law thrown at him, I hope. However, I like all the violations the guy with the camera made and then acts like he did. I'm guessing he was well over 100mph in most of the video and then passes on a double yellow line. There is a part of me that has no sympathy for the motorcycle rider.

You are a poor judge of speed, when I first started watching the video I was surprised how slow the bike was going actually. Not very smart of a rider to post a video at a high rate of speed, easy documentation for the law...

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

In the video the guy with the camera is pretty consistently passing telephone poles at 1 per 3 seconds +/- a little. Standard distance between poles is 125-300 feet. Worst case scenario, he was traveling 100 feet per second. Any idea what that equates to in miles per hour? 68 m.p.h., that's not excessive based on the posted speed limit being 65 m.p.h. At the time of the accident he was traveling at about 4 poles per second or 51 m.p.h.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting comments here. I really do not see where it is a problem if any of these people are doing something "Legal" or not, or if it matters what country it is in, or what the speed limit or what color a line painted on the roadway might be.

I see only one instance in this of someone intentionally trying to directly do damage to another person, and then makes the statement he really does not care. Pretty sad.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if the crusty old bastard is starting to care yet....
A 68-year-old man involved in a weekend motorcycle accident that left a woman in critical condition was arrested Monday night, Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds said.

William Crum faces two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, which is a second-degree felony, for his involvement in the motorcycle accident, Rob Christian, Hood County District Attorney, told the Star-Telegram on Monday night.

Christian said Crum’s bail will be set today.

Eric Sanders, 37, of Granbury was driving a Kawasaki motorcycle south on Tin Top Highway on Saturday when a swerving vehicle driven by Crum caused him to crash, throwing him and his passenger, Debra Simpson, 38, from the bike.

The district attorney was investigating whether the wreck was intentional Monday afternoon.

The woman injured in the accident was flown to Texas Health Harris Hospital Fort Worth, where she remained in intensive care Monday, said Trooper Dub Gillum, a Texas Department of Public Safety spokesman. Sanders was treated and released at the scene but later sought more medical treatment.

Gillum said the wreck, which was captured on video taken from another motorcycle, occurred when Sanders tried to pass a 1996 Mercury sedan in a no-passing zone. As Sanders approached, the car driven by Crum swerved left, forcing Sanders to lose control of the motorcycle.

On the video, which had close to 3 million views on Facebook, Crum says, “I don’t care” at the scene of the wreck after he is told he hit Sanders and “I don’t care” again after he is told the crash was captured on video. Crum says on the video that he was stung by “a wasp or something,” causing him to swerve as Sanders tried to pass.

He later told media partner WFFA that he was bitten by an insect near his groin, which caused him to swerve into the motorcycle.

The Sheriff’s Department will release Crum’s mugshot in the morning.

Sanders was cited at the scene for passing in a no-passing zone and for driving with an invalid license.

Both Sanders and Simpson were wearing helmets.

A GoFundMe page for Simpson and Sanders had brought in more than $5,700 in donations by Monday night.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article40236648.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article40236648.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom