Favorite hang-on treestand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trying to put turkey season behind me here and focus on the fall.

I gave up my lease and unless a nice property at the perfect price comes up, I will likely be going public all deer season. Archery on public isn't too bad.

What's your favorite hang-on stand? I want something easy to pack in and pack out and one that's comfortable. I don't like climbers.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had a good recommendation, but every hang on I have ever owned or sat in sucked for comfort. Most were cheap and all hung for concealment not comfort though. I’ve had some fairly comfortable climbers, but unless I’m hunting in a lot of pines they’re more trouble than they’re worth for me. I’m interested to hear others recommendations

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For many years I have used seat belt strapping and ropes.
Wide ratchet strap would work also.

It does not get you up into the tree like a ladder but I have made ladders from rope and went up a tree and then built a comfy sling rest from the seat belt or 2.

I still do that today.
Plenty of rope and strap in my pockets.
You can make a hammock and lay flat also like in the prone position.

Buddy has many tree stands and they are not as comfy.
Take some workout mat or some nice carpet piece with you to sit on.

90% of the deer and hogs I have killed on public land I have been on the ground.
Too much poison ivy on all the trees that seem like good ones to sit in.

I did see one homemade stand that had wheels you rolled into the woods then stood it up.
You could make a foldable one with wheels.

I walk into some thick stuff and cross creeks and go human 4wd up the side of some steep hills.
I would not want to pack a stand in and out.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Millennium
I googled it. That does look comfy.
1716157814410.png

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only used a Summit Viper climber on public land. Scouted out the trees I could used. Except on one spot that I found a really steep bank that overlooked a funnel. I sat on a little shelf on the bank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom