Favorite Hot Sauce

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still looking for a recipe for Taco Tico extra hot sauce off their bar. The flavor was fantastic but I haven't a clue as to what pepper it was. I could drink the stuff.

For bottled it's Tabasco in small doses. Louisiana Hot just plants my ass on the toilet for about a day but there isn't anything better on french fries.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My overall favorites are Louisiana hot sauce and similar sauces.

I like Cholula and Valentinas on omelettes.

Tabasco taste too much like vinegar for me.

A couple of decades ago I couldn't get enough of the super hot sauces and spices. My tastes have mellowed considerably since then.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see more and more of this Habanero Tabasco...is it as vinegary as the regular old Tabasco? (Which I do like anyway).

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The past couple of years I have been making my own. I use Serrano, Cayenne and red Jalapeno along with onion, garlic and herbs from the garden. I chop them up cover them with 50/50 mix of vinegar and water and let set for a couple of days. Then I bring them to a hard simmer for about 15 minutes. I then puree them in the food processor and strain out the pulp and adjust thickness and taste. I bottle and boil bath it for 10 minutes and it seems to keep just fine. You can pretty much adjust it to get exactly what you want depending on the peppers you use and how hot you like it. Makes really good hot sauce!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The past couple of years I have been making my own. I use Serrano, Cayenne and red Jalapeno along with onion, garlic and herbs from the garden. I chop them up cover them with 50/50 mix of vinegar and water and let set for a couple of days. Then I bring them to a hard simmer for about 15 minutes. I then puree them in the food processor and strain out the pulp and adjust thickness and taste. I bottle and boil bath it for 10 minutes and it seems to keep just fine. You can pretty much adjust it to get exactly what you want depending on the peppers you use and how hot you like it. Makes really good hot sauce!

I wish I could double thumbs up this. I need to try this.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These: http://www.elyucateco.com/products/salsas-picantes

There's a couple I haven't tried (the Caribbean, Jalapeno, and Chipotle), but the Habanero sauces are awesome. Hot. But excellent flavor. The green is my most universal "daily driver" hot sauce I've ever found. I keep a bottle at work, and buy it 3-4 bottles at a time.

I use it on pretty much anything that isn't a dessert.
I have all of those plus a few more I got for Christmas in a gift set.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom