Favorite Hot Sauce

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have had most all listed so far and like most all of them. El Yucateco is a fave and is in the fridge right now- I have red, green and my fave brown; some others we use- Valentina, Cholula, Sriracha, etc. Lousianna or Tabasco is what the wife and kids all like mixed with BBQ sc or ketchup. I like to pick up bottles of custom made sauces wherever I am- at the fair, flea mkts, from friends, etc. When I grew up in San Diego my father grew his own peppers and made his own sauces.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For you folks in the OKC area who like a mouth burnin', lip blisterin' pain-is-good Mexican hot sauce, go to Casa Perico on NW 63 and Meridian and ask them for the Habanero Skillet Hot Sauce. It's not on the menu; you have to ask for it. If I owned the joint, I'd make people sign a waiver before I brought it to them. It is H.O.T. hot! But dayyum; if you're a chilehead, it sure is good stuff! I slather it on top of a big plate of beef and cheese enchiladas and am in hot sauce Nirvana.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For you folks in the OKC area who like a mouth burnin', lip blisterin' pain-is-good Mexican hot sauce, go to Casa Perico on NW 63 and Meridian and ask them for the Habanero Skillet Hot Sauce. It's not on the menu; you have to ask for it. If I owned the joint, I'd make people sign a waiver before I brought it to them. It is H.O.T. hot! But dayyum; if you're a chilehead, it sure is good stuff! I slather it on top of a big plate of beef and cheese enchiladas and am in hot sauce Nirvana.

Got some of the "request only" sauce from a dive in Yukon one time. That is the only time I got an actual rush from hot sauce. I don't know what pepper(s) were in it but it was instant understanding of the pepperhead addiction. I haven't had one do that since either but I've tapered off a little on the heat level too. I still love it, but don't necessarily tolerate the after effects as well as I once did.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my biggest errors in culinary judgment took place in Thailand, some 25-30 years ago. I was in some off the beaten path Thai restaurant and kinda challenged the lady who was cooking back there. My God, I almost died eating the Devils Chicken from Hell she served me. It was the hottest thing I've ever eaten; I am glad it happened when I was young and in really good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who wants to go try a variety go to firehouse subs. They have a shelf with quite a few. Probably find most of the ones they have at Super Cao Nguyen as well.

My wife has a sauce that comes from Jamaica that she uses for cooking and adding to stuff at times called "Pickapepper" that we get there. It's a dark brown bottle with a tan label and mainly green design on it. It's in the picture below as well.

20160914_134051.jpg
that s

Latest posts

Top Bottom