Fed Up with Direct TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can buy some pretty cool firearm stuff with the annual savings from no tv service.
Precisely. I haven’t paid for cable in over 10 years, I don’t even get local channels. I watch very little tv, aside from an hour or two with the old lady if she watches her shows after dinner. Netflix/Amazon/whoever fits the bill nicely, and not only is my bill less than $60/mo, but I haven’t died from lack of current news or been blown away by a tornado yet.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Precisely. I haven’t paid for cable in over 10 years, I don’t even get local channels. I watch very little tv, aside from an hour or two with the old lady if she watches her shows after dinner. Netflix/Amazon/whoever fits the bill nicely, and not only is my bill less than $60/mo, but I haven’t died from lack of current news or been blown away by a tornado yet.
Hasn't been 10 years but same boat except I bought an attic antennae for the local channels(primarily for the weather in spring). Netflix and SlingTV keeps us under $50/month. Switched between Discovery+ and SlingTV. Hoping to get Thunder basketball games but only way is through Bally Sports or it's blacked out.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I like OAN as far as news stations go. Direct TV dropped OAN today. My wife called and dropped Direct TV today.
I was watching OAN when they dropped. Right at 2300 CST Monday night. So, I cancelled DTV yesterday and they were playing f@ck f@ck games about how it'll take too long and computer went down etc. So today I called to make sure and it is now gone. They did ask me if I wanted 12 free months of service...I was like WTF??? Are you for real? Just cancel my ****.

At any rate, they didn't have much to watch that I can't get on an internet TV app. Whether you like OANN or not and think they are nuts, that's not the point. The point is they censored it; at a time when their revenue was only moving up. That att sacrificed revenue for censorship is beyond the pale.
I'm sure someone will show up with a Vox or HuffPost article countering what I've just said but whatever.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was watching OAN when they dropped. Right at 2300 CST Monday night. So, I cancelled DTV yesterday and they were playing f@ck f@ck games about how it'll take too long and computer went down etc. So today I called to make sure and it is now gone. They did ask me if I wanted 12 free months of service...I was like WTF??? Are you for real? Just cancel my ****.

At any rate, they didn't have much to watch that I can't get on an internet TV app. Whether you like OANN or not and think they are nuts, that's not the point. The point is they censored it; at a time when their revenue was only moving up. That att sacrificed revenue for censorship is beyond the pale.
I'm sure someone will show up with a Vox or HuffPost article countering what I've just said but whatever.
This just in! OAN is racist. And treasonous apparently.
https://www.penncapital-star.com/co...-ties-with-far-right-oann-news-michael-coard/
Frankly I’m surprised that they offered you a year of free service. Back around 2007-2008 I worked as one of the technical troubleshooting jerks that would ask you if your tv was plugged in. I never heard of that kind of a hookup for someone.

In other news, I agree. The censorship crap that keeps rearing its head is disconcerting to say the least.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.penncapital-star.com/co...-ties-with-far-right-oann-news-michael-coard/
Frankly I’m surprised that they offered you a year of free service. Back around 2007-2008 I worked as one of the technical troubleshooting jerks that would ask you if your tv was plugged in. I never heard of that kind of a hookup for someone.
Ha, figures...anything to justify the Boot of Authority. There are hacks on this site that would totally believe in that "article". Same people who gaslight everybody they disagree with.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I had DirecTV we had a satellite dish (Carryout) for the RV and that was one of the reasons I stayed with DirecTV as long as I did. Those dishes became obsolete with the AT&T purchases; the only remaining option was the permanent roof mounted dish.

I didn’t know you could now access DirectTV over the internet. Do you have a smart tv in the RV? I had to install a Roku in my RV to get Hulu and other streaming services on the RV ”dumb” TVs. My current RV is only 2 years old (Jayco North Point) and I was surprised it didn’t come with smart TVs.
Our Grand Design Solitude came with a 52" Roku, but the direct TV is on my phone via an app. It has changed after the AT&T though. We used to use my phone to access direct tv, using an adaptor from the lightning on the phone to HDMI https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Ad...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
to make the connection, but now it says no longer supported, so I can still mirror the Iphone to the TV.
Everything else works via the cable or mirroring.
One of our RV friends just unhooks their home reciever and antenna to take with them. He found a tripod stand that holds the antenna and they use their monthly subscription just like having it at home.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

In other news, I agree. The censorship crap that keeps rearing its head is disconcerting to say the least.
After reading this
First, allow me to define “treason.” Article III, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution defines it as follows: “Treason … shall consist … in … adhering to … enemies … (by) giving them aid and comfort.” And U.S. Code at 18 U.S.C. Section 2381 similarly defines it as follows: “Whoever, owing allegiance to … (one’s own nation), … adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. …” is guilty of treason. Jan. 6, 2021 was a day of treason, deadly treason in fact. More about that later.

I didn't hear him say that this is exactly what Biden did and should be charged or his bullsh#t about the rigged election is enough that his opinion is worthless. He didn't mention that OAN brought up the fact that the GOP tried to get a black woman on the SCOTUS 25 years ago when no other networks would. The "Big Guy" is the one that filibustered against her getting the job. This is just another woke guy crying racism like all on the Left do when they don't like the truth.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We dropped DTV just over a year ago. We changed to YoutubeTV and also subscribe to Philo. We really like it. The unlimited DVR storage is awesome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom