Fed Up with Direct TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dropped them 3 or 4 years ago, after AT&T bought them and screwed-up the service and equipment. I’d been a customer for many years. I switched to stream Hulu plus Live. I already had Netflix. Total bill dropped significantly.

edit to correct spelling.

Last edited:

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dropped them 3 or 4 years ago, after AT&T bought them and screwed-up the service and equipment. I’d been a customer for many years. I switch was to stream Hulu plus Live. I already had Netflix. Total bill dropped significantl.
I'd been a customer for a long time, as well. When I started, they were two separate companies--DirecTV had the "basic" channels, and US Satellite Broadcasting (USSB) had the premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, etc). They kept charging more and more for less and less that I wanted to watch, but the few channels I did watch were only in the "everything" plan, which was over $170 when I finally called it quits.

What really got me to quit was when it was mid-May and I realized that I hadn't even turned the stupid thing on since March Madness. I called to quit, and they said they could put me on "vacation" status for six months, so my account wouldn't be canceled, but I wouldn't have service and they wouldn't bill me. It was around that time that AT$T bought them, which sealed the deal, so at the end of the six months I told them to GTFO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom