Feral hog poison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my opinion, as long as there is a greater financial incentive for farmers and ranchers to permit sport shooting of these hogs, the problem hogs will never be eradicated. Nobody will kill their golden goose…therefore the problem will continue and expand. Personally I like the idea of having wild hog in my freezer.
Not being mean or anything, but, I don’t think I’ve ever heard of any financial incentive for farmers and ranchers, at least here in Oklahoma, unless you’re talking about crop insurance or letting paying hunters in.

And yeah, I have had stuff I owned shot up and unless I know a person really well I don’t let hunters come on me.

I work in ag and I raise cattle but never heard of an incentive.

And your statement about the problem hogs will never be eradicated-every hog is a problem hog, they all dig and root no matter the age or size.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Financial incentive to book a trespass fee to hunt their lands. Some fees are well over $500 per hog. Not including processing or guide costs. These are not state fees but dollars to the pocket of the land owners.
You’re getting farmers confused with outfitters, and yes, THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have use several types of poisons to keep the predator problems down. There was one many years ago that I liked called 1080, used with the right bait it was great. The cyanide guns were good if placed in the right places, but they are very dangerous, had to keep the antidote handy. I would be nice to find the old clay targets, some were poisonous to hogs. I never saw an Eagle or a hawk around were I have killed with the poisons. Scavenger do sometimes, but once there was a few around they stopped coming. Sometimes bleeding hearts just need their feelings hurt. The hog problem is way out of hand, bad as politicians.
I have several ways to rid you of hogs and Prairie Dogs. .22 Cal. .22 WMR, .17 HMR, 223, 22:250, 556/223, 30:30, etc. I'd be happy to come with a couple of buddies and rid them for you at no charge.

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You’re getting farmers confused with outfitters, and yes, THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.
No confusion here. I know exactly who I have spoke with. It was land owners not professional outfitters. 20-30 trespass fees over the course of a year at $500+ per person…cash
It’s no wonder there is no real desire to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. I’m ok with it either way.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have several ways to rid you of hogs and Prairie Dogs. .22 Cal. .22 WMR, .17 HMR, 223, 22:250, 556/223, 30:30, etc. I'd be happy to come with a couple of buddies and rid them for you at no charge.
In my opinion, it’s people like this^^^that make people do things like this v v v.
No confusion here. I know exactly who I have spoke with. It was land owners not professional outfitters. 20-30 trespass fees over the course of a year at $500+ per person…cash
It’s no wonder there is no real desire to kill the goose that lays the golden egg. I’m ok with it either way.
For the record, I don’t have a pig problem either on my Oklahoma or Texas places, but I do have coyote and coon problems. There are two local guys in Oklahoma that have unlimited access to my place any time they want to coyote hunt or trap coons, but they always text me to let me know they’re going.
I tried to be a good neighbor to my outfitter neighbor by giving him access to the river when all the other water was froze over, but he’ll never be welcome back on my place for any reason.

Last edited:

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is it you, and so many others, can't discuss something without resorting to name calling. Why does someone who disagrees have to be a "bleeding heart"?

I'm hardly a bleeding heart and it doesn't hurt my feelings. I happen to disagree with the use of poisons. The difference is, I can have an adult discussion about it without referring to you and others with whom I disagree as ignorant rednecks or whatever insulting adjective is appropriate.
I did not call you a bleeding heart, if you are feeling guilty, so be it. You made me out to be old in my thoughts once before, so do not talk about how others say things. If you do not agree in the use of poison, stop with bug sprays, weed sprays and maybe even bullets, they are doing the same thing, eliminating problems.

Latest posts

Top Bottom