Finally went to 10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As many of you know Randy Pinkham was my best friend who died this past Febuary 2nd from complications due to cancer. I got a call the other day from a friend that purchased several guns from Randy's widow one of them was a 10mm Delta Elite with a Foster/Caspian lower. Great grips and an arched mainspring housing with a magazine funnel. For some reason he just realized that it's not all Colt Delta Elite and wanted Linda to refund his money. Man I couldn't see her going through that it just about broke my heart. So even though I knew I had no responsibility I decided to tell him I'd buy it from him. In the process he knew I had a 300 AAC/Blackout AR-15 so instead of giving him $1000 we traded straight across. I took the arched mainspring housing and funnel off and replaced it with a flat mainspring housing and while I've not tested it yet I picked up 700 rounds from Linda to brake it in. Here is a picture of it as I obtained it. I purchased another couple hundred rounds of 180 gr Hollow Point ammo for the 10mm on the 6th of September and it arrived today by Fed Ex. The companies name is Parabellum Research and web site: http://www.pbrammo.com I found them via Gunbot.com. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly they shipped and the price was not as bad as some of the places during this ammo drought. Their advertised velocity was 1263 FPS and I just got done choreographing 5 rounds of it and the average velocity I got was 1264 FPS with an Extreme Spread of 44 and Standard Deviation of 19.39. The cost came out to .62 cents per round and so far there have been no failure to feed, fire or eject. I even did the Wal-Mart walk with it this afternoon. Even though I love those Wilson custom grips I have a set of Crimson Trace grips and have decided to start carrying the 10mm. I had to remove the ambidextrous safety for them to fit but since I’m not a lefty that is just fine. In the process I just couldn’t see carrying it in a hybrid plastic/leather holster like the Crossbreed holster I normally carry my Kimber in so I ordered a Milt Sparks VM2 from Brownells and received it in 2 days. Great customer service and it fits the Delta Elite great.

screen capture freeware

Here is a picture of my daily carry rig that I wear under my bib overalls. It works perfect for me without anyone ever noticing. I’m self employed as the owner of a pest control company and I always carry because I don’t know where I might end up.

adult picture hosting

upload an image
I'll cling to my God and my guns, and you can keep the "Change".

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was very kind of you, as for the guy who wanted a refund. Well next time he should know what he's buying before he pays. Mrs Pinkham is not Wal-Mart. Unless the gun was misrepresented(which being from a Widow) I doubt it. That buy is on him. Enough rant. you will love the 10mm. If you contact me around the 1st of Oct, I will get all my 10mm mags and ammo together and make you a deal.

AMT7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcom to the 10mm club. After going to 10mm I just can not see going back. Everything else less I have now seems like a childs toy. Its a compact EAA Witmess carry compact poly Tanflugio though not full size and am admiring yours. You did a good thing. No good in doing a widow like that on a return more frustration for someone already overloaded and most likely she had no idea on the mis-match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom