Firearm transaction red flags?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've about stopped a few with a bald bearded tatted up dude driving a Lil mini Kia. Kinda freaked me out, but I'm still alive.

Never had a prob with anybody here. FB transaction I make sure I'm armed to the teeth. Which is weird cause you can see most all the info about them online. If they've been posting on FB for years then they should be legit.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've about stopped a few with a bald bearded tatted up dude driving a Lil mini Kia. Kinda freaked me out, but I'm still alive.

Never had a prob with anybody here. FB transaction I make sure I'm armed to the teeth. Which is weird cause you can see most all the info about them online. If they've been posting on FB for years then they should be legit.

Lol... you and GC ... I think he's kinda hawt! I'd do a deal with him any time! wink2:

GC and I have gone down to Bass Pro with some OSA members who are friends who had a CL trade that the buyer seemed odd a few times. One of those times it was early in the morning when GC was getting off work. You should have seen the kid's face when a black and white pulled up while we were all standing there. Lol

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"why are you selling it" "how long have you had it" "what can you tell me about it" The most simple questions that are easy for honest people to answer make thieves nervous. If they get irritated or rude after being asked those simple questions it would throw up some flags for me.

Ive never felt like I was buying a stolen gun but I tend to feel people out a good bit before I even meet with them. The only times I have backed out on deals were when the gun was not as described...some people call "excellent condition" what I call scratched all the f*ck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you get those pens that can tell a forgery? So much of that stuff going on now with these HD printers, I'd like to have one to check the cash.

Yes, I said cash.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an odd attempt to sell me a gun a couple of years ago.

Weird, and I mean that in an honest way, fella came to my door and knocked. When I got to the door he was kinda bouncing around, told me a guy in town told him I may be interested in buying a "deer rifle." I asked who sent him, his reply was "my buddy" (his, not mine). In a town of 135 people it would be a good bet I would know the name. I asked again and he did not say, just told me he had the rifle in his car and would sell it for $75.

At this point he started to get even weirder, if that is possible. I told him I do not own a gun and have no use for one, he looked at me oddly because I was wearing a shoulder holster with a pistol. (on my way out and no over shirt on yet) He immediately said he would take $50 and was going to get the rifle from his cars trunk.

You ever get that REAL BAD feeling that is not a good thing to allow to happen? I followed him down the ramp and told him to just get in the car and go, he seemed shocked that I was still in reach of him. About that time I could see another guy sitting in the back seat. Now tell me why would two guys drive around with one in the back and one in the front?

I asked a bit more firmly for him to go and not return. Never saw them again, but I did what I thought was a good idea, I called the local LEO's. Seems like the same two fellas had broken into a few houses, they had been picked up about 3 miles from my house, when the car ran out of gas. :)

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I only buy either from OSA people, new in box, or from a booth at a show ever since Ive been living in OK, 12 years now. Im in a few Facebook groups but I only read posts, no FTFs from there or any where but here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom