Fried Egg Sandwich

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
…and I’ll see you and raise you, spaghetti and lifesavers… :laugh6:
1716085974057.png

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Early 80s, I worked in a chemical plant, south of Houston. We were 15 miles from town, so the company had a cafeteria. Breakfast plate (egg, sausage and toast) $2. I ordered an egg sammich, one morning. 2 slices of toast, egg and sausage patties. Get to the register and the Mgr told cashier the sammich is $1.50. I ate many egg sammiches.

When we opened our diner, school was justing and everybody was talking football. I listed the burgers as teams.
OU burger, UT burger, OSU burger, etc
They were a hamburger, bacon burger, Swiss and mushroom, etc.
The last listing was The Big 12 burger, consisted of a hamburger patties, a chicken fried patties, bacon, fried egg, cheddar, Swiss and American cheese.
Can you survive the Big 12.

It was on the menu for 2 weeks and nobody ordered one. On Saturday, 6 of the HS football players came in. 5 of them ordered the The Big 12.
2 weeks later, it was our best seller

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My ex-Mother-in-law used to make bacon and egg sandwiches for the grandkids by frying the bacon and then when the bacon was done put the egg on top of the bacon and the bacon wouldn't slide out when eating sicn eit was embeded int eh egg. Then she'd put sonme mayo on the bread and they'd eat-I never heard them complain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom