Frozen Water Lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
None of this crappy cold weather never happened until Biden got in office! I used to put bales of hay around an outdoor faucet and then one on top over the faucet. Never had a problem.

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the temps started falling below zero this morning, I went ahead and put a space heater in the garage since the city water main and water heater are tucked away in there. She's been chooching all day, currently holding a now 59° differential from what's on the other side of that 2" door. Color me impressed in this little heater. I knew it would keep my shop warm when I needed to spray volatile lacquers, but the spray booth is tiny compared to the 2-car space.
20210216_000113.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the temps started falling below zero this morning, I went ahead and put a space heater in the garage since the city water main and water heater are tucked away in there. She's been chooching all day, currently holding a now 59° differential from what's on the other side of that 2" door. Color me impressed in this little heater. I knew it would keep my shop warm when I needed to spray volatile lacquers, but the spray booth is tiny compared to the 2-car space.
View attachment 193631

That's pretty impressive. Garage must be well insulated, I guess.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am good except for my kitchen sink. The idiots that built my house ran my lines through my wall on the north side of the house for some reason. All my others come up through the foundation. I don’t know if I should turn the water on or leave it off. I don’t want the line to break. That would be a disaster. Are their any plumbers on here that can recommend what to do? I am gonna try and put a couple of heaters on that wall. And I left the cabinet doors open. I was running the sink all day and night but did some dishes and forgot to leave it streaming. It costed me. But I’m thankful we have water everywhere else. My parents and my sister have no water. We are all on wells.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just my kitchen sink hot water is frozen. Its on the west wall.
My bathroom sink, which is only about 10 ft away from the kitchen sink still has hot water.

If I bundle up for this cold, I cant fit into the crawl space for my house.
I'm hoping I don't have to get under there in a few days to replace a water line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom