Gabby Giffords AR-15 photo op

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to one of the witnesses, SHE requested the photo op to toughen HER image. It wasn't about the officers, it was about her. So maybe it doesn't make her a hypocrite, but it does make her a political opportunist which in my book is just as bad if not worse.

Toughening your image by posing with cops and soldiers, and their equipment, is not antithetical to being against civilian ownership of "assault" weapons.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What happened to this lady was very bad but for her and her husband to blame the gun is incorrect. They need to blame the person and not try to take away rights of law abiding citizens.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. I just hate to see so much animosity directed at someone like her.

Carry on, I shouldn't have said anything in the first place.

Yes, you should've. A great many people are questioning whether she can even decide anything up to now. I never had a single bit of animosity for Jim Brady. What happened to him was terrible. My animosity was 100% reserved for his hateful wife. It's the same here. Everyone needs to cut her some slack and focus on her opportunistic husband! :(

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Can she or her husband even legally own a firearm now? I imagine an ordeal like she went through would leave her with some PTSD, with her supporting legislation that would disqualify veterans with the same from ownership....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can she or her husband even legally own a firearm now? I imagine an ordeal like she went through would leave her with some PTSD, with her supporting legislation that would disqualify veterans with the same from ownership....

At their level they can..
A vindictive ex-wife can screw you for a long time by filing a protective order.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With all due respect to all here, as well as to Gabby Giffords, I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, as she did say in that linked article that she had always liked firearms. Plus, unlike many other politicians, the picture of her with the AR definitely shows that she knows where the trigger finger should (or dare I say, shouldn't) be located.

My only objection to all of their actions is that I feel they should be out there advocating for tougher ENFORCEMENT of our current gun laws, instead of trying to create more.

Mark Kelly, on the other hand appears to be a wimp. If he was really buying the gun for self defense, or even for pleasure shooting, he should have said that was what he was doing and left it at that. That nonsense about giving it to the police doesn't fly with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom