Gas ltrimmers ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where do you guys buy the replacement fuel lines at in the OKC area?
It depends on the manufacturer, but I've had good luck in getting parts from Dave's Small Engine, just east of Main Street in beautiful downtown Noble. They once even gave me a part (a gasket) because they weren't sure it was the right part. They're also a Stihl dealer, as I recall.

Home Depot has some more generic parts, and I think I've seen fuel line there.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used Echo trimmers for several years, but stick with Stihl chain saws. My experience with Weedeater, Homelite, and Ryobi products was that I spent more time working on them than working with them.

Cedar Creek

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Echo or Stihl. I bought Echo from HD and haven't done a thing to it but put gas in it and refill the line. I do use Sta-Bil in every can of gas though. Echo has a bump feed head thats dirt simple to fill and works good. I also have their edger. Same story, just gas and blades. One thing that most people don't realize and that is Sta-Bil is more important in the summer than winter, especially if you store it in a metal building like me. The heat oxidizes the gas faster.

ETA: I've had the edger for about 5 years and the weedeater for 4. That should give you some reference.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had nothing but stellar performance from a Stihl. 10 yrs. old, starts easy, runs with lots of power. Off the top of my head, it's either a model number 75, or 85 straight shaft. All my experience with Stihl makes me real high on them. I've had both Stihl and Husqvarna chainsaws and one was virtually as good as the other. I think care to get the gas/oil mix right is a key with any two-stroke small engine.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys fail to realize the products they made 15 years ago are not the same as 5 years ago or those 5 year olds are not the same as last years models.My homelight from 20 years ago lasted over 15 years...

I used their oil and real gas...Seems there is a plate with some faulty check valves or something init..
I got another with a 5 year warranty and i use quicksilver oil in it no issues at all..except the primer bulbs dry and crack.

They must make them from biodegradable stuff as i have had some last 20 years.

Good luck with today's cheap built crap!....
Fix your old stuff if you can ...I hate new stuff, my last pair of shoes lasted 1 month, Nike's lasted 4 NB lasted 3 months I used to get a couple years out of shoes and had to actually replace strings in them.
1 year on a 1/2" milwaukee drill smoke came out of it..4-6 months on B&D 1/2" drills.
The old aluminum case tools lasted so much longer.
Hate the new crap they pawn off on us.
Rant over!

Yes sir, agree 100%. Had an old Lawnboy that lasted 16 years. that don't make them like they used to.

Echo trimmers work really good for me. Had one for 5 years now

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Echo or Stihl. I bought Echo from HD and haven't done a thing to it but put gas in it and refill the line. I do use Sta-Bil in every can of gas though. Echo has a bump feed head thats dirt simple to fill and works good. I also have their edger. Same story, just gas and blades. One thing that most people don't realize and that is Sta-Bil is more important in the summer than winter, especially if you store it in a metal building like me. The heat oxidizes the gas faster.

ETA: I've had the edger for about 5 years and the weedeater for 4. That should give you some reference.

+1 on the Sta-Bil. I use it religiously in all small engines. Also use pure gas, none of the watered down ethanol crap.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where do you guys buy the replacement fuel lines at in the OKC area?

Lowes has a $10 kit that includes two different size bulbs, a good length of line, a line coupler, a fuel filter/pickup, and a fish tape to pull the new line through the gas tank. It fits a wide range of brands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom