Gas price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did actually pretty well in OKC Yesterday at Sam's club. Paid $4.68 per gallon for 91 Octane. The Sam's club card does save some money. So far it has been the cheapest way to buy gas. I do check gasbuddy.com too. I get it that not everybody has the luxury to shop around. Electric bill is way up by 30%, definitely not digging that. Inflation is much greater than the 8.6% they are claiming. What kills me is the people that support the pres saying they are making more money than they did and claim to be self employed. Basically they are LMF's.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if we go north of $6 what will that do to the local Econ?
People will stop buying new clothes, fast food, certain items of groceries, take no vacations and crime will increase, we'll have gasoline theft as well as robberies and subsequent deaths fro those darn guns! Of course it won't be the legal gun owners, but they'll come after us anyway as if it'll solve all the shootings.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was up about $120 after a poker game a week ago. Decided to treat myself.

BA82E0D3-1E68-4261-B409-375914D4B9F0.jpeg

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People will stop buying new clothes, fast food, certain items of groceries, take no vacations and crime will increase, we'll have gasoline theft as well as robberies and subsequent deaths fro those darn guns! Of course it won't be the legal gun owners, but they'll come after us anyway as if it'll solve all the shootings.
Can't wait for a few low IQ gas thieves drill a hole in a tesla or F150 lightning battery thinking it's a gas tank...

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did actually pretty well in OKC Yesterday at Sam's club. Paid $4.68 per gallon for 91 Octane. The Sam's club card does save some money. So far it has been the cheapest way to buy gas. I do check gasbuddy.com too. I get it that not everybody has the luxury to shop around. Electric bill is way up by 30%, definitely not digging that. Inflation is much greater than the 8.6% they are claiming. What kills me is the people that support the pres saying they are making more money than they did and claim to be self employed. Basically they are LMF's.
BUT we are SAVING the ENVIRONMENT, AREN'T WE? i SUSPECT WE ARE ABOUT TO SAVE IT EVEN MORE! It's likely all the COW FARTS, DON'T YOU THINK? This is a good example of these morons not having a clue what they are talking about! Bovines, cows, deer, buffalo, etc. digest food with micro organisms, that break down food in their ruman. so they can digest it! If these micro-orginiziams are killed by the PH getting too far from 7, ether way, they can on longer break down what they eat, and it just rots, creating gas, and causes them to BLOT! They have NO WAY TO GET RID OF THIS GAS, AND THEY WILL BLOT TO THE POINT THEY CAN NO LONGER BREATH, AND WILL DIE, without physically making a opening into the ruman and relieving this gas. These morons saying cow farts, just provers how stupid they really are!

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just had my drivers license in 1973 when the Arab fuel embargo hit us. Oil Barrel quadrupled in price. Quadrupled in price.

There was a lot of gas theft. Few I knew had a garage to park in. People would laugh at the joke “Okie Gas Card” which was a siphon hose and empty cas can. You’d go out to get in your vehicle and your gas was gone, siphoned out.

It sucked, it hurt, it was inconvenient.

Then the government implemented mandatory odd/even gas rationing. If you had to go some where It might take twice as long and involve motels or sleeping in the car.

You don’t want that crap today.

You can’t use a siphon hose on todays vehicles. So the bastard gas thieves drill a hole in your tank to steal gas. That really sucks because you have to buy a new fuel tank, I don’t know if anyone will fix a gas tank.

**** FJB! FBO!

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BUT we are SAVING the ENVIRONMENT, AREN'T WE? i SUSPECT WE ARE ABOUT TO SAVE IT EVEN MORE! It's likely all the COW FARTS, DON'T YOU THINK? This is a good example of these morons not having a clue what they are talking about! Bovines, cows, deer, buffalo, etc. digest food with micro organisms, that break down food in their ruman. so they can digest it! If these micro-orginiziams are killed by the PH getting too far from 7, ether way, they can on longer break down what they eat, and it just rots, creating gas, and causes them to BLOT! They have NO WAY TO GET RID OF THIS GAS, AND THEY WILL BLOT TO THE POINT THEY CAN NO LONGER BREATH, AND WILL DIE, without physically making a opening into the ruman and relieving this gas. These morons saying cow farts, just provers how stupid they really are!
LOL, saving the environment! We need greenhouse gasses to frankly, survive on planet earth, especially CO2. There are more growing trees now than ever before. When was the last time you actually saw a car belching out blue smoke, burning oil and gas smelling of octane? Aside from the weird diesel guys who like "rolling coal" modern cars typically have CO2 and water exiting their exhaust pipes. We drill for oil, mine coal, burn them and plants convert them into Oxygen and return the C02 to the soil when they die, IMHO. I have been told most of my life that we have 10 years every year of my before we are all dead from greenhouse gasses. Quite frankly, we are more at risk of nuclear war than ever and in my mind that would be an apocalyptic event, but would not necessarily end humanity.

Electric cars are a farce. They will create a mileage tax and be more expensive than gasoline cars for a crappy little golf cart that is "affordable" for the masses. Mining lithium and cobalt, very hard on the environment so hard on it that our EPA won't allow it. Same with solar cells, you need selenium, very toxic and messy to mine. With gas prices going up they will be affordable and be very attractive short term, but 10 years from now eat up even more of our money.

As for cows, they convert vegetables to cheap abundant protein cheaply. Less meat, weak fatter people with a lot of illness, sugar is very cheap to make. The environmentalists are killing us not to mention politicians. Rant over.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can’t use a siphon hose on todays vehicles. So the bastard gas thieves drill a hole in your tank to steal gas. That really sucks because you have to buy a new fuel tank, I don’t know if anyone will fix a gas tank.
I can fix them, but I will not pull them out. Diesel tanks are not that volatile but gas tanks need to be flushed and air vented with a blower for several hours and during the welding process. So there is way more oxygen than gas thus not having a explosive mixture. Of course you can also use the old hot welding iron and solder to repair also. Which is the safest method if flushing and venting with a blower( which requires two large openings in tank) is not a option.
If it gets as bad as some of you think I may be looking into a gas tank repair business. Maybe a motto of " They drill it We fill it"

Latest posts

Top Bottom