Gas price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had my drivers license in 1973 when the Arab fuel embargo hit us. Oil Barrel quadrupled in price. Quadrupled in price.

There was a lot of gas theft. Few I knew had a garage to park in. People would laugh at the joke “Okie Gas Card” which was a siphon hose and empty cas can. You’d go out to get in your vehicle and your gas was gone, siphoned out.

It sucked, it hurt, it was inconvenient.

Then the government implemented mandatory odd/even gas rationing. If you had to go some where It might take twice as long and involve motels or sleeping in the car.

You don’t want that crap today.

You can’t use a siphon hose on todays vehicles. So the bastard gas thieves drill a hole in your tank to steal gas. That really sucks because you have to buy a new fuel tank, I don’t know if anyone will fix a gas tank.

**** FJB! FBO!
Drilling/knocking a hole in a gas tank to steal gasoline, is a very good way to get burned alive! As EVERYONE REMEMBERS, Biden created this problem on his very forst day in office, by announcing, ON TV, he canceled all of President Trumps policies, and executive orders, that allowed us TO BE ENERGY SELF-SUFFICIENT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 50/60 YEARS, inder both parties leadership, REMEMBER? Being the world largest consumer of petroleum products, allowed us to set world crude oil prices! Bench mark Crude Oil ws $34.00 bbl, election day, it's $124.00 bbl today, with OPEC BACK IN CONTROL OF SETTING WORLD CRUDE OIL PRICES! It takes the same amount of crude oil to meet the worlds needs, no matter where it is produced, and refined, RIGHT? We do this much better/ cleaner than anywhere on earth! This LEFTWINGNUT CRUDE OIL POLOCY, that is causing OUT OF CONTROL INFLATION, ALSO HURTS ALL AMERICANS, BUT HELPS OUR SWORN ENEMIES, BY MAKING THEM FAR RICHER, AND MORE POWERFUL, RIGHT? HOW CRAZY IS THAT? IF OUR SWORN ENEMIES BECOME SO RICH AND POWERFUL, THEY CAN NUCK US, THERE WON'T BE ANY ENVIRONMENT TO SAVE, WILL THERE? DEMAND FAIR, LEGITIMATE, ELECTIONS, AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL, saving the environment! We need greenhouse gasses to frankly, survive on planet earth, especially CO2. There are more growing trees now than ever before. When was the last time you actually saw a car belching out blue smoke, burning oil and gas smelling of octane? Aside from the weird diesel guys who like "rolling coal" modern cars typically have CO2 and water exiting their exhaust pipes. We drill for oil, mine coal, burn them and plants convert them into Oxygen and return the C02 to the soil when they die, IMHO. I have been told most of my life that we have 10 years every year of my before we are all dead from greenhouse gasses. Quite frankly, we are more at risk of nuclear war than ever and in my mind that would be an apocalyptic event, but would not necessarily end humanity.

Electric cars are a farce. They will create a mileage tax and be more expensive than gasoline cars for a crappy little golf cart that is "affordable" for the masses. Mining lithium and cobalt, very hard on the environment so hard on it that our EPA won't allow it. Same with solar cells, you need selenium, very toxic and messy to mine. With gas prices going up they will be affordable and be very attractive short term, but 10 years from now eat up even more of our money.

As for cows, they convert vegetables to cheap abundant protein cheaply. Less meat, weak fatter people with a lot of illness,
I can fix them, but I will not pull them out. Diesel tanks are not that volatile but gas tanks need to be flushed and air vented with a blower for several hours and during the welding process. So there is way more oxygen than gas thus not having a explosive mixture. Of course you can also use the old hot welding iron and solder to repair also. Which is the safest method if flushing and venting with a blower( which requires two large openings in tank) is not a option.
If it gets as bad as some of you think I may be looking into a gas tank repair business. Maybe a motto of " They drill it We fill it"

sugar is very cheap to make. The environmentalists are killing us not to mention politicians. Rant

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the bastard gas thieves drill a hole in your tank to steal gas. That really sucks because you have to buy a new fuel tank, I don’t know if anyone will fix a gas tank.
AFAIK, most passenger car and light truck gas tanks are plastic these days. They'll have a metal heat and/or puncture shield if that's a normal risk (like on trucks), but the tank itself is a heavy plastic.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are retired comfortably, and debt free. We can afford to buy gasoline, we could go much less, if necessary, so this is not devastating for us! The people that burn fuel to make their living, and that includs a large percentage of Americans, people that have to drive to work, school, every day, which includes just about everyone, except old farts like us, etc. are in for a serious hard time. Just one example of what all this effects, We are bluegrass music fans, and have camped at Bluegrass Festivals in this regon for decades. We stopped that a couple of years ago, got too lazy I guess! Professional entertainers travel the Bluegrass Festival circit as a way of making their living. Most are not big name, entertainers that make a meger living after expences now! The cost of fuel has already FORCED them to increase their price to cover fuel prices that Festival promoters have been FORCED to book less traveling bands, and only book local bands! This, and the cost of RVers, and fans, traveling to festivles, is literally putting some festivals that have been in business for many decades OUT OF BUSINESS! If YOU DIDN'T VOTE AGAINST THIS CRAZINESS, YOU SHOULD HAVE! RIGHT? WE WILL HAVE TO OVERCOME ANOTHER RIGGED WELECTION AT MID TERM, AND IN 2024, OR LIVE ON OUR KNEES, WHICH WILL IT BE?
I stopped going to bluegrass festivals several years ago. I do miss seeing the people I have met. Met lots of good people at them.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped going to bluegrass festivals several years ago. I do miss seeing the people I have met. Met lots of good people at them.
Me too! We went back in the 60/70's then had to quit when our kids got to be teenagers and didn't want to go anymore, then we started back in the 90"s and went until a couple of years ago! In all that time, attending festivles in several states, and I never even heard of anyone having anything stolen! Our kids played, and when we first started we only had a small camper, and would leave expensive instruments out under the awning at night and when we were gone to town! Everyone did this back then! We have lost most if not all of our camping festivles in Oklahoma, and they are going away all over I think! That is a shame, but not many young people are doing this, and our generation is aging out I guess! These fuel prices are putting many traveling bands out of business as well!

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
just got back from a road trip to atl, went all through the south and ozarks.

paid ~$4.39 - ~$4.69 anywhere from missouri to kentucky to georgia. most expensive tank i bought was when i returned the rental here in okc.

it's gonna get ugly. gonna be a hot summer.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
just got back from a road trip to atl, went all through the south and ozarks.

paid ~$4.39 - ~$4.69 anywhere from missouri to kentucky to georgia. most expensive tank i bought was when i returned the rental here in okc.

it's gonna get ugly. gonna be a hot summer.
Poor, desperate, people are much easier to control! Look a Venezuela, from the wealthiest nation in South America, with the highest standard of living, to the POOREST, with the LOWEST STAND OF LIVING, IN ONLY 20 ODD YEARS, ALL WITH THE worlds largest proven reserves of crude oil, and huge mineral wealth! Communist China now is exploting Venezuelas Oil and mineral wealth, our news media, that China likely OWNS secretly, just wont tell us that! The VERY SAME TACTICS WERE UISED ON US IN THE 2020 ELECRTION, EVEN THE SAME VOTING MACHINES! IT'S NOT HARD TO FIGURE OUT WHERE WE ARE J HEADED IS IT? GOOD LUCK TO US!

Latest posts

Top Bottom