What is the state law on producing I.D. on demand from law enforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, that that happened to you, but I also lived in California and, in spite of having reasons on more than one occasion, I was never harassed or treated unfairly by law enforcement out there. Other than a few trips I’ve made to Seattle other than observing that most cops appeared to wish they were anywhere else but there, they didn’t do much. Like the majority of the west coast and definitely the coastal cities these days crime is running unchecked because the police have had their hands tied by liberal politicians.
handcuffed.jpg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Chill man, we have two trolls raising the blood pressure of OSA. I fully suspect by the way they are prosing their vernacular, they are one and the same. Don’t waste your time or bandwidth with them/him.
Now, now, we must not assume pronouns. I use Y'all. It fits all 78 of them.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chill man, we have two trolls raising the blood pressure of OSA. I fully suspect by the way they are prosing their vernacular, they are one and the same. Don’t waste your time or bandwidth with them/him.
I've been thinking the same thing

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never had a bad experience with an officer before, or after, I was in law enforcement. My worst experiences I've ever had dealing with a police officer was always while I was on duty.

And I'll just apologize now because I don't have any transcripts, video, dispatch tapes, affidavits or other documentation this actually occurred. You'll just have to trust me that it did. Or not.

We had a small island of unincorporated county within a small city in the Denver metro area. I was working that district one day and stopped a car in that city that had almost hit me. An officer from that agency pulled up and stopped behind me but didn't get out until I finished the stop (with a warning). He came up to me as I walked back to my car and said he didn't appreciate the county making traffic stops in "his" city. I thought he was joking and kinda laughed at him. Sadly, this ate-up dude was serious and we had a few words. I pointed to the SO badge on my chest and told him that gave me the authority to conduct traffic enforcement anywhere I damn well pleased in the county (or the state, for that matter), in "his" city or not and if he didn't like it that was just too f'ing bad. I left.

A couple hours later my Lt called me and asked what happened. I told him. He told me to see him before shift briefing the next day. I figured I'd get an ass-chewing. Next afternoon I stopped in his office as instructed. He told me he and I were going over to this particular city after briefing. I just assumed he had arranged some sort of meeting. When we got there he parked in the PD public parking lot just off the main drag thru the city. It was pretty close to rush hour...about 4pm. He asked if I had a radar and I did. He said cool. Let's find a place on the street in front of the PD to conduct some radar enforcement. We did. No one from that PD bothered to say anything. The officer did drive by and give me a pretty stern looking at...but didn't have the balls to stop.
We had a city cop like that too when I worked county. He'd get bent out of shape every time we made a stop in "his city". Big mistake on his part. You know it's kinda like when you're growing up and you find something that just drives one of your siblings crazy. Whaddaya do, well you keep doing it of course and you LYAO every time...

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He asked if I had a radar and I did. He said cool. Let's find a place on the street in front of the PD to conduct some radar enforcement. We did. No one from that PD bothered to say anything. The officer did drive by and give me a pretty stern looking at...but didn't have the balls to stop.
Back when JD Sharp was the OK County Sheriff, I knew a couple of deputies who worked for him, and one told me about an incident involving the Valleybrook PD, a notoriously bad outfit that basically thrived on being a speed trap and harassing the attendees of their numerous naked lady joints. (True but funny aside--Valleybrook had to refund a metric buttload of money collected from tickets written by cops operating radar units that were not kept current on their calibrations--and the officers weren't kept current on their certifications to operate them, either. Oops.)

This was 25 or so years ago, back when Crossroads Mall was still a going concern, and things were really hopping around the mall during the Christmas season. A couple of OK County reserve deputies had gone there to do some Christmas shopping (off duty), and were sneaking out the back way to avoid the traffic snarl out the main exits. This took them through Valleybrook, and being in a personal car, it got the attention of Valleybrook's finest.

He pulls them over and asks for license and insurance, so the driver pulls out his wallet, which has his reserve deputy badge in it. VBPD's finest then pulls him out of the car, cuffs him, and stuffs him in the back for impersonating an officer. Then he says to the other guy, "I bet you have one, too," whereupon he produces his reserve deputy badge, and promptly gets cuffed and stuffed for impersonating an officer.

This is when VBPD's finest makes his fatal mistake. He takes the two to OK County to book them.

The guy telling me the story said the Lieutenant walks in on the scene and just about comes un-freaking-glued, and tells VBPD to get his men un-cuffed immediately or he's going to be spending the night in the county lockup.

Fast forward to the next day, and JD calls in all the deputies and undersheriffs, and they take a field trip to Valleybrook, where they proceed to arrest everyone in the Valleybrook PD. They haul them back to OK County, fingerprint them, and inprocess them, then set them all down in a room and JD comes in and tells them "this is how it's gonna be."

I don't know about what happened under the doofus who replaced JD a few years later, but OK County never had any more trouble with Valleybrook on JD's watch.

queenjohnson1791

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever, I call like I see em' and I'm right more often than I'm wrong. He's on ignore now, exactly where he belongs along with the other trolls who ran over from Facebook, Armslist and any other hole where pathetic spineless little libs like him love to congregate and thrive in and plan their next keyboard assault.

As for CA LE, like what Country said about blacks, you can't lump them all together. Just because IT, or you for that matter, think they will stomp all over your rights doesn't make it true, it's just another, generally unfounded, deliberate bias against a whole group of people based on the action(s) or more accurately alleged actions, of a very few. What people like IT fail to take into account is that what transpired may very well have been clouded by the media, along with other haters who stand around cell phones in hand ignoring the cries of a woman being raped or a person in crisis. Why, because, hey man it's not their problem and this might be the next viral video. They don't care about anyone else but themselves and the chance to push any agenda that may make them popular, in this case the one stating that "cops are bad, cops will do whatever they want regardless of who you are etc etc etc." California, along with Portland and Seattle, have performed spectacularly in that regard, one needs to look no further than the crime ridden, drug infested, feces filled streets of SF to see what handcuffing the police has led to. Businesses are starting to flee the cesspool the voters created and hopefully sooner rather than later the whole disgusting city will disintegrate.

For the most part all the negative press about cops is nothing but BS, but that doesn't stop the weak of mind from running with the narrative even though they don't have any real evidence to support their allegations. After-all why stand up against something as a loner when it's so much easier to blend in with the masses no matter how wrong it is or how low it drags them down to the bottom of the barrel!

At the same time they, (the haters and the MSM) never report on the cops who, along with thousands of other things, risk their lives for the very people they KNOW hate them and will, literally, spit in their face the next time they see them knowing the cop put his or her life on the line to save them and when asked why they'll come back with "that's what they signed up for" or some other equally weak claim. Our country and the world ain't what it used to be and a good portion of the blame resides with people like IT who refuse to admit there are two sides to every story with the truth lying somewhere in the middle. But not for him, for IT it's plain as day, cops are bad and they need to be reeled in... Fck him!
First off I would like to say thank you to all the Men and Women in Law Enforcement, I believe overall you folks are doing a fine job, and are in a very tuff position with all the politics happening with your chosen career. My personal experience with the officers I have encountered has not been just, with the exception of one officer. What I mean is in one way or another my rights where violated. I am not a criminal or the typical expected targeted individual. More than once I have been concerned I may not go home to my Family, due to a law enforcement encounter. This is not how civilians should feel about law enforcement. There should be a level of trust! I'm sorry but I don't trust a single one of you, my personal experience is you are gang bangers with badges, being bullies just cause you can, however I respect all of you till you give me a reason otherwise. And if I seen any officer in trouble I wouldn't hesitate to help! Officers, as a civilian I ask all of you to uphold that oath you took, it means more than any individual! That is your promise too us! The reason we give you power, the reason we give you trust. And Officers I ask you to hold your fellow Officers to these standards! Do this across the nation and trust may be restored in my opinion.

Gadsden based on comments about San Francisco, it seems to me that you may be a subscriber of the msm. People who are not from California always want to talk about San Francisco as the root of all problems there because that is what the msm tells you. Politics is where the problem really started there. They let all the criminals out of jail, at the same time took the guns away from the honest civilians by demonizing guns and those who have them for self defense, changing policy and law so you are less apt to defend yourself and others, decriminalization of theft under $1000 initially, I think it's $1900 now, so police no longer respond to theft calls, ( many years before defund the police movement started) changing slogans from " To protect and serve" to 'We'll kick your ass" are just a few of the things that went wrong in California, and just further declined into anarchy. This is what happens when you allow politicians and police to stomp your rights a little at a time.
The Mercury News
www.mercurynews.com
'We'll kick your ass' slogan on sheriff's patrol cars becomes issue in excessive force trial

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom