Got pulled over tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if you realize this but you don't have to break a law to get pulled over. It goes by various names, but welfare check is my fave. (Hey, don't flame me ... I just report the news, I don't make it.)

I for one am glad the cops cared enough about Larry and his van to check on him, but hey!! that's just me ... I like Larry and would hate for anything bad to happen to him. :cry11:

So, "probable cause" is no longer needed to stop or detain? Police Officers can stop anyone they want at any given time and demand that said person prove they are not breaking any laws?

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He's got a point.

And I don't know how many people around here have every been to the Chelsea carnival, but lets just say it's a real special place and time that anything is possible. And I'm talking about the people from Chelsea and the Carnies. For some reason they seem to mix pretty well.

Yes I know what I'm talking about I grew up there.

dont make me put you on the same list as STAN, you dont want on any list with him...:nono1:

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, "probable cause" is no longer needed to stop or detain? Police Officers can stop anyone they want at any given time and demand that said person prove they are not breaking any laws?

Trust me... there is ALWAYS a legitimate reason to pull somebody over. :)

People get nervous when that car is behind them, and they WILL make some sort of violation.

Cracked windshield, tag light burned out, fog lights... and my personal favorite... center high-mounted brake light burned out. :) Yup... those third brake lights get them every time.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

LOL ... talk about putting words in someone's mouth. :popcorn:

Let me make it simple for you ... No, probable cause is not needed to stop someone.

Now, as far as a police officer "demanding that said person prove they are not breaking any laws" as police officers are not considered a part of the judicial branch of our criminal justice system I am pretty sure they are not in the habit of "discussing" any alleged violation with any alleged offenders, except for "signing is not an admission of guilt, here is the date and time you may appear in court should you so desire, press hard you are making 5 copies, thank you have a nice day."

Latest posts

Top Bottom