Grader Blades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have hardness test number around 320. 100 yards a 30-06 will put a hole in them. There are some high quality special blades that can be as hard as 520, but are not common. They are boron. The common ones are high alloy steel.

How much are they going for @swampratt ?

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have hardness test number around 320. 100 yards a 30-06 will put a hole in them. There are some high quality special blades that can be as hard as 520, but are not common. They are boron. The common ones are high alloy steel.

How much are they going for @swampratt ?
I just got back from getting 3 of these.
2 at 8 foot and those are 3/4" thick and weigh 140 lbs each and then a thinner one 1/2" thick about 7 foot long total weight for the 3 came in at 366 pounds and out the door with tax included $ 139.15.

In other words 35 cents a lb then you get to pay tax.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but did they look like they’d be fit to fab a road plane with? I have most of the steel scrounged up but cutting edges are still on the need list.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got around to shooting this plate. The white splash in the center is a shot of paint for an aiming point. I hung this at 200 yds and hit it with a 6mm @3100fps, top right of the paint , and a 308 @2600fps, lower right.

Each only made a splash. No dent, chip or anything.
IMG_4453.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got around to shooting this plate. The white splash in the center is a shot of paint for an aiming point. I hung this at 200 yds and hit it with a 6mm @3100fps, top right of the paint , and a 308 @2600fps, lower right.

Each only made a splash. No dent, chip or anything.
View attachment 376217
Good to know! That must be harder than AR500, because the ones I have definitely dent.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice.
Did it go TING!

Looks like you have it hung solid and that will absorb the ringing.
This is the thinner stuff also.
1/2" thick.
I have a few pieces of gas cut off grader blades I picked up from a buddy that had a scrap bin.
I was there fixing a carbed chevy truck for him and got my pick of goodies :)

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a section from Standard Iron back when they actually had a pile of stuff to sell. Welded some rebar and tube to it to make a swinging target but when I hit by the old bolt hole it chipped off, almost looks like cast?
Blade.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom