Gun detecting drones roaming SW OK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we have to have drones we want worthless ineffective drones that don't work well so we can sit around our computers and ***** about wasteful .gov spending on technology that doesn't work and is a waste of tax dollars.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think these drones should be tested and used!

In Afghanistan.

If they use them here in CONUS, they better have a warrant. SCOTUS already said no to IR monitoring of residences without a warrant, I see not much difference here.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think these drones should be tested and used!

In Afghanistan.

The only kink in that hose is the people doing the work. How in the world would we convince smart people (the drone science guys) to willingly move shop to a turmoil laden area of the world??? While drones will probably end up policing the states, it's a juice that is worth the squeeze for the work it can do in war... Even the illegal ones

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am as distrustful of the government as the next guy, but I am not ready to say the sky is falling over these things. I don't think this technology is what some of you have in mind. I don't think it can detect whether someone is carrying a concealed weapon or probably even a handgun on his hip. In all likelihood it is programmed to highlight people who are carrying elongated metal/wood objects, as determined by FLIR plus programming to recognize certain shapes, and is almost certainly for a military role. The technology doesn't exist to "see through" people's clothes or houses at the distance a drone operates at. And I don't think they are testing this by flying over people's private property and scanning them for guns and whatnot.

I agree that this kind of technology isn't evil in and of itself, but like most technology, it can certainly be used in an evil way. As far as domestic use goes, I don't think drones should be used to search people's property without a warrant, but I do see a useful role in catching bad guys who are running/hiding, and that sort of thing. You can forget about downing these things (when airborne) with a rifle or shotgun... they just operate at too high of an altitude. It would require AAA or a guided missile. The best way to fight these things is to make those in power realize that we won't tolerate them using them in a way that is violative of our rights.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only kink in that hose is the people doing the work. How in the world would we convince smart people (the drone science guys) to willingly move shop to a turmoil laden area of the world??? While drones will probably end up policing the states, it's a juice that is worth the squeeze for the work it can do in war... Even the illegal ones

Just tell them we are sending them to an over seas resort, it wont matter when they get there.... :)

.If they use them here in CONUS, they better have a warrant. SCOTUS already said no to IR monitoring of residences without a warrant, I see not much difference here

See ...Done Deal

Latest posts

Top Bottom