Gun detecting drones roaming SW OK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't trust any government agency run by the likes of Big Sis, especially considering her recent hyperbole concerning vets returning from Afghanistan and Iraq. Anyone who believes DHS only has honorable intentions when they deploy their drones over U.S. towns and cities is naive and delusional.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if a few smartassed college students with avionics and programming skills could come up with a relatively low cost "Counter drone- drone". Wouldn't need munitions of any sort. Just the ability to close on and overtake a drone AC, deploy lightweight aramid netting streamers to entangle it, then a drag chute and shut down. Could fall in line with current FAA rules for larger model AC. Might be a lucrative market, unless uncle sugar restricts the sale of RC model aircraft parts.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wonder if a few smartassed college students with avionics and programming skills could come up with a relatively low cost "Counter drone- drone". Wouldn't need munitions of any sort. Just the ability to close on and overtake a drone AC, deploy lightweight aramid netting streamers to entangle it, then a drag chute and shut down. Could fall in line with current FAA rules for larger model AC. Might be a lucrative market, unless uncle sugar restricts the sale of RC model aircraft parts.

It would be some of my peers coming out of the Aeronautics program here in Stillwater. OSU's program is tops in the nation.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Toney Stricklin, mentioned in the article the original OP posted, is my neighbor and a former commanding general (now retired) of the Fires Center of Excellence at Ft Sill. If I see him Ill have to express my concerns over the potential for misuse of such technology.

Latest posts

Top Bottom