Gun Rights Protection Bill. HB 3157

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thayton

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They couldn't seem to get it together in 2 years for open carry but they can spare the time for this BS that will be suspended at the drop of a hat during an emergency. I'm waiting for the storm surge from the next mega hurricane to hit OKC

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And according to tradition, but not specifically the constitution, the Supreme Court gets to say what the constitution means. They have not yet said that the second amendment applies to the states. They're supposed to tell us about that in June.

This is the part of ConLaw that annoys me the most. The logic of cases like Gitlow v. New York and Barron v. Baltimore simply confound me.

If the Federal government can't make a certain law (1st, 2nd Amendments, etc.) and the Supremacy Clause places Federal Law (like the Constitution) above state law, then why does the Bill of Rights not apply to the states?

I realize, 10th Amendment, but still. I feel like some rights and limitations should be layered through. Considering how many cases the Supreme Court just kind of played by ear over the years, THIS would be something I'd make sure to have made very clear.

Reaction score
If Miller had just shown up for court back in '38 maybe we wouldn't have to be applauding these little baby step attempts at re-securing our constitutional rights. Since he didn't, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom