Ham Radio Operaters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would recommend getting involved with a local radio club. I personally belong to http://w5paa.com/. We take all comers as members. We are having our next monthly meeting this next Thursday at 6:30. It is held at the fire department training facility on N. Portland. After the meeting a lot of us go to the 76 Truck Stop at Council and I-40 for some visiting and information sharing. Unfortunately we are currently having a lot problems with some of our repeaters. If I can help you any, just let me know. I have only had my license for just a little over 2 years. During storm season the repeaters get a lot more active. If you get your General, then it opens up a lot of other options including the ability to send email with your HF radio. It can be a fun hobby. Some people spend a lot of money and other spend very little.
I enjoy the MORI Tech Net from W5PAA. Lots of technical information presented on that net.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Due to repeater problems Tech Net has not been very popular here lately. KG5FBO
Yes. If I remember correctly, the repeater problems started last year. I tried to move around with them for a month or so, but I haven't checked-in since then. I hope it gets fixed and running at full participation again soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom