1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
    Dismiss Notice

hand gun prices coming down?

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by rr2008, Apr 28, 2010.

1. rr2008

rr2008 Sharpshooter Member

Is it just me or does it seem that handgun (don't know about rifle) prices have started to come down a bit the last couple of months?

I think I'm seeing asking prices in the classifieds here are down around 10%. In some of the retail shops I have noticed on some makes that prices aren't what they were 3 months ago. This may be a seasonal thing but I don't know that.

2. Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow

Dr. Tad Hussein Winslow Sharpshooter Member

I don't know, but after the Greece and Portugal bailouts, the Euro is likely to tank relative to the dollar within a year, and therefore were gonna see some good prices on CZs, HKs, etc. (Glocks too if you like them). I can't wait. :)

3. Old Fart

Old Fart Sharpshooter Member

I don't think they'll go back to pre-scare prices, but many are coming back down to where they are reasonable again.

4. higgimw

higgimw Sharpshooter Member

You wouldn't know it in the classifieds here! These fellas are proud of their used guns. Deals are out there if you shop though.

5. tm8634

tm8634 Sharpshooter Member

higgimw is right "if you shop for them"...:werd:

6. Daryl Licht

Daryl Licht Sharpshooter Member

New handguns may be more reasonable right now after everybody ordered big during the Great Post Election Rush of '08 & '09. By the time it all showed up, the panic was over.

As for used, some folks who bought during the above mentioned event very likely paid too much and are trying not to sell at a loss. I can't say I blame them, but they might have to sit on some of these guns a while.

7. okie98

okie98 Sharpshooter Member

I haven't noticed any price reductions lately.

8. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter Member

They should go down a little. After your 1st one, guns are a sort of luxury item. With the economy in the tank, everyone has to make concessions in one form or another.

9. cznick

cznick Sharpshooter Member

I haven't noticed them going down.....

10. 88gmchog

88gmchog Sharpshooter Member

i have noticed a little redustion in stores, not private though..... i got a better deal locally on a xd9 subcompact new than i could get one in the classifieds... but oh well atleast i know its new, mine and clean and at $504.52 out the door with 100rds of ammo its not a bad deal. the rockisland commands model 1911 is next a $532!