Handgun Scope help??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well hell, I was on the fence. So I just opted to go with a 2-6x32 Bushnell waterproof and am going to order a mount that will accept one of my Red Dots. Going to try out the Scope first and then see if I want to go to the Red Dot as well. I will wait on ordering a Red Dot mounting plate that fits the Ruger RedHawk, till I shoot it awhile with the Bushnell 2-6x32 Variable.

Thanks allot for all the advice and recommendations! Looking forward to messing with the scoped pistol! Never owned one or shot one, but will remedy that soon!

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now gotta find a way to conveniently carry it in the field. Some do slings other do holsters. I have a holster for my 14" contender not carried it enough to decide if I like it. It was not exactly designed for that big of a scope

tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_22_8bc23e4957ff5e07ec679ff2b8af038a.jpg

My super 14 223 contender setup
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_14_10_22_128d1889558fed360b61d4dfb0c5f24f.jpg

Sent via message in a bottle

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well hell, I was on the fence. So I just opted to go with a 2-6x32 Bushnell waterproof and am going to order a mount that will accept one of my Red Dots. Going to try out the Scope first and then see if I want to go to the Red Dot as well. I will wait on ordering a Red Dot mounting plate that fits the Ruger RedHawk, till I shoot it awhile with the Bushnell 2-6x32 Variable.

Thanks allot for all the advice and recommendations! Looking forward to messing with the scoped pistol! Never owned one or shot one, but will remedy that soon!

Looking forward to your comparison test. :D
If your going to use it for hunting especially on moving targets, I'll bet you choose red dot.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking forward to your comparison test. :D
If your going to use it for hunting especially on moving targets, I'll bet you choose red dot.

Damnit Dennis, stop throwing a kink in my chain!! LOL!! I could order the mount like yours for way cheaper than the scope! Maybe I should have tried the Red Dot first?? Freaking older I get, the more ambiguous my decision making gets!!!

Well, we will see, I will either have a Bushnell 2-6x32 Scope/Ruger RedHawk Rings up sale soon, or a Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot/Ruger Redhawk pic rail up for sale!! LOL!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have red dots on my competition guns where I have to move among targets for the fastest times.

I have never seen anybody in competition for action pistol use a scope.

Scopes are great for precision shooting with a handgun.

When your looking for fast target acquisition That Red dot will rule.

That being said, at long range, the scope will rule in my opinion. Don't have a lot of experience with them like I've said, but those that do in earlier posts have experience.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All righty then, I picked up another one of these big boys, so maybe I will scope one and red dot the other? Taurus Raging Bull 8 3/8 barrel, the Ruger Redhawk has a 7 1/2in. Both 44mags.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
UH OH! now you have another decision to make.... which scope on which gun???

LOL! Economics decided that one for me. I had Scope Rings for the Ruger RedHawk, going to have to find the Optic Mount for the Taurus Raging Bull. If anyone has a Raging Bull with the Optic Mount, I got a question for you? Can you take off the optic and still utilize the factory sights on the pistol?

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got a line on a Variable Scope and going to order the Pic Rail Mount for the Taurus Raging Bull, and then try one of my Burris Trophy TRS-25's Red Dot on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom