Harbor Freight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate Baer or Hercules cordless tools. I have a drill, impact, chainsaw, and a pole saw, and they’ve been great.
They have certainly upped their game with the Hercules line of tools. I'd put them up against some of my DeWalt.
The little battery powered Baer leaf blower is perfect for our RV and a quick blow of leaves from the garage and shop without having to pull a rope. I did find an adaptor on Amazon that allows my DeWalt batteries to run on the Baer tools.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a buy. I have 3 of them and they have proved to be equally as good and/or better than any other of the Mgf winches!

We are days away from a new store opening in Choctaw America !

View attachment 470159
I have two of them. The one on the ATV gets a heck of a workout at the farm occasionally. They get my thumbs up.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a pretty handy place to have when you don't want a tool you can hand down to your kids, you just need a tool right now.
Stay away from anything Chicago electric and you’re fine. I bought several sets of their Pittsburgh grinches to carry on my service truck so I wouldn’t lose my snap on tools on job sites, they were amazing and extremely durable

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stay away from anything Chicago electric and you’re fine. I bought several sets of their Pittsburgh grinches to carry on my service truck so I wouldn’t lose my snap on tools on job sites, they were amazing and extremely durable
I've got one of their Pittsburgh 36" breaker bars in the toolbox on my truck, and that thing is legit. I also have one of their heavy-duty, supposedly rated for 1,000lbs two-wheelers, and that thing has done everything I've asked of it. I don't know how much the 3-cylinder gasser block from a Ford 4000 tractor weighs, but it ain't light, and I had no problem using that two-wheeler to get it up onto my 16' utility trailer.

I also have a set of their flare nut wrenches, and those things should have "-ish" next to the size markings.

Some of the stuff is good, some of it is good enough(-ish).

Almost Jack Burton

Not the real Jack Burton but close.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My tools get used daily due to being a millwright/welder that is in the maintenance and emergency repair sector of things and to be honest HF has held up as good as Kobalt, Craftsman(both versions), Husky ECT. The added bonus is your only slightly peeved when they decide to become sentient and go on a quest of their own never to been seen again.

JMD

I came, I saw, I made it awkward
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know where it is going to be?
Over by the Langstons. My kid said it was in that strip mall where planet fitness is. I am guessing in the old chinese restaurant which would be good because it was big.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I lived in So-Cal back in the mid-90's,,,
There was a Harbor Freight store just a mile form me,,,
Like most people have already said, it's for tools you won't use every day.

When I moved to Oklahoma back in 96 I really missed the store,,,
Then soon after they opened a new store in Tulsa.

My Pop was a retired carpenter,,,
He and I made and peddled furniture made from driftwood.

I remember the first time I took him to the harbor Freight,,,
He was like a sweet toothed kid in a candy store,,,
He spent over $200.00 that first day.

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom