Harbor Freight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Their Ikon line of hand tools are nice, not cheap but dang sure not Snap On money. I’m changing trades and working on my A&P right now. There’s no way in hell I’m buying into a 30k toolbox at my age. I’m going to cherry pick what I go rich on and what I consider consumable. The spread of tools is too broad to have a $1500 set of sockets that I use five of, or an $800 set of dead blow and soft face hammers. I have too many years turning wrenches to get sold a box of sunshine.
If you're going to do aircraft work one thing don't cheap out on, ratcheting screwdriver, Snap-On, the only that will hold up ro daily use/abuse. Uf you get on at Tinker, they'll issue you tools, not always what you need but toolcribs will have a lot in them that you can check out.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that sucks about Harbor Freight is you can’t just buy one 10 mm socket or one 10 mm wrench. You gotta go to Lowe’s or Home Depot, etc to buy those.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The thing that sucks about Harbor Freight is you can’t just buy one 10 mm socket or one 10 mm wrench. You gotta go to Lowe’s or Home Depot, etc to buy those.
Steve was having a very rough time with a form of cancer. We have some mutual friends, and I haven’t kept up to date very well and have no idea of current status. That was the reason for closing the stores, or so I was told. A very nice fellow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom