HB 3354 - Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just sent this mail to my senator. I don't know if he will have time to read it before the vote if it happens so I called his office also. Consider sending a letter like this to your rep and senator if you haven't already. You are free to use my example if you want.

Senator Bass,

I am a constituent who is closely following HB 3354 (open carry). I noticed you voted for it before the governor vetoed it. I am aware that it could be coming back for reconsideration soon to override the veto. I urge you on behalf of many colleagues and friends who overwhelmingly support this bill and myself to vote to override the governor's veto.

I think the governor has been misled by his advisers. He claims that this would lead to brandishing but law abiding gun owners who carry concealed are not suddenly going to start brandishing weapons just because they can take their jacket off. He claims that police officers can't tell the good guys from the bad guys if open carry passes. I think his logic is flawed in that bad guys carry concealed just like the good guys do now. The open carry bill is not going encourage criminals to openly display their illegally carried weapons. Currently, over 40 other states have an open carry law and they don't have these problems the governor is trying to say would occur if we pass open carry.

Please support the majority of your constituents who want this veto overturned.

Thanks for your time,

<Name>
<Address>

Peacemaker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
By the wording of the bill, I wonder if some LEO would look for a way to harass us if it gets passed. What if I attempt conceal mine and my jacket doesn't fully conceal it me thinking that I am now okay?

"The firearm must either be carried unconcealed and in plain view or fully concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state...."

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"The firearm must either be carried unconcealed and in plain view or fully concealed from detection and view, and upon coming in contact with any peace officer of this state...."

Where did that wording come from, I don't think I read that in the bill. If that is the case, I guess from a legal standpoint it would be better to open carry than conceal and take a chance of being made. That is not what I wanted to see.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Letter I just recieved back from my Senator

Thank you for sharing your views. I voted against OPEN Carry last time
and will listen to the debate again this time. However, I think the
Troopers are important to our safety and they oppose the bill.
Jim H

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i live at mustang and 15th, And we have the exact same situation. where are you in relation to that? Craziest thing in the world but oh well. When I first moved here I had the hardest time figuring out who my reps were because of it....it seems like the district lines go right down my street.

I live off of Czech Hall and SW 9th St. I had to find another site since the NRA site would not pull up who my state critters where by my zip code. Guess they have not updated their information with the latest USPS data.

That is the exact response I got, Not sure about this Ron character.
Yeah it was one of those responses that don't really tell you anything and gives him an out either way. I was more impressed with the other guy's response. At least, he let me know how he voted and what he was willing to do. The other guy was like "Yeah I saw that. Not sure what we can do but we will do something." Guess that something was to hit delete on my email.

Latest posts

Top Bottom