Help on purchasing first ar 15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dblair17

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know very little about ar15 and need help on where to start. I think i want either a rock river, bushmaster, or the ruger sr556 in 223. I am also going to purchase a pse tac 15 crossbow so the ar15 lower will have to fit on it as well. any help would be great

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of the three you mentioned, the Rock River would be my choice. For a little more money, you could get a Bravo Company or Daniel Defense, both of which are much better AR's.

Shooting4Fun

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
not sure if you have thought about this but do you want an upper with gas piston?

I am just starting to look at AR's and I am leaning towards a gas piston upper.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The smartgunner deal for Daniel defense is a great buy right now. That's the route I ended up taking. Really can't go wrong with bcm or dd.

If strictly looking in that range I would add the M&P into the mix as well.

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure is. Granted it is a one man show and can take about a month or so to come in. For me, the price makes the wait worth while but some aren't able to wait that long.

Cc1394

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a new rock river operator series and I love it. It seems a little nicer than some of the other brands I have had. I like them all though

Latest posts

Top Bottom