Heroin is expensive and weak. Say hello to...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USN-SCW-Ret

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and DON'T google Krokodil and click on images!

You can't post something like that then expect people not to rush right over to look. Well me anyway.
For real, it feels like a challenge or a Dare! Then you realize there are some things you don't want to see. And washing your eyes out doesn't help.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel very badly for these people.

Thanks for bringing this up. I've never heard about it before. These people need to be saved from themselves.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel very badly for these people.

Thanks for bringing this up. I've never heard about it before. These people need to be saved from themselves.

Well, true Libertarians would say it is their body, let them do whatever they want to it, right? I mean... they're not hurting anyone else, right?

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm behind the times... never heard of it.

I'm pretty happy just being in charge of myself and having an occasional drink.
I don't have any compelling desire to use something that will at the least make me out of my head and at the most kill me.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As someone who has seen the effects of drug addiction first hand, I do have some sympathy for these people, but I'm not sure I feel sorry for them. I definitely have a feeling of sadness for someone in that type of situation, but it is a situation created by their own choices. Either way, that stuff sounds nastier than anything I've had the misfortune to cross paths with. I do hope the ones who really want to be free from that curse make it.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I cannot imagine not being able to walk away from something that is so totally destroying you. As far as I can tell if you have an "addictive personality" and you decide to play around with that stuff, you are pretty much screwed. I remember hearing a kid talk about his meth addition once. Said that even though he'd been clean for a couple of years, getting high was still all he thought about, all day, every day.

My alcoholic uncle said something very similar once. Being a kid who didn't know better, I asked him one time why he stayed drunk all the time. He told me that if he had known when he took his first drink how it was gonna turn out he'd never have taken a drink. But now that he'd opened that door, try as he might he couldn't seem to get it closed again. Said it was hard not to make a deal with the devil when every cell of your body was screaming for a drink. Made me swear I would never try the stuff. (I was 7 when I made that promise. Thankfully I didn't have the issues with alcohol he did because once I hit my 20s I took a drink and wondered what the big deal was.) The man died of alcohol poisoning a few years later. Knowing that you are killing yourself and still not being able to stop is quite a burden to carry ...

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, there are some people that genetically seem to be geared to a lifetime of addiction misery. I believe there are many more that get get caught up in the fun and it turns into a true physical addiction. I've seen and known quite a few that fit both descriptions. The one thing I can say for sure in regards to closing the door on addiction is that it takes more than 'just wanting to be clean'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom