Hog hunting question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPCAS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently been on a hog hunt with some friends, We brought back everything that didn't smell bad. We had a couple wives that felt the same way until we were done with cooking them..... Then it was decided they taste just fine and everybody was happy. Stew, Grilled, Smoked......Its Pig.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Assault Rifles Involved 002.jpgviet hog photo.jpg

Stir-fried pork is one of the best ways I've found to cook up some hog!

bgdrhntr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eat wild pork all the time. Excellent table fare if processed properly in the field. I don't gut the Pig simply take the four quarters and the back straps. Get them on ice quickly. Cook the hams and loin anyway you want. The way I've enjoyed the shoulders is to smoke them whole then chunk up the meat cover with BBQ and put in the crock pot till it falls apart.

Good luck have fun.

bgdrhntr

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's my method for cleaning. I start skinning just like any other time. Up the middle don't pop the gut. Skin one side all the way to the back. Then I take the quarters and that loin. Roll carcass over and repeat. Very little blood and no messing with the guts. Since ODWC started the online checking for deer I do the same thing for the deer I manage to kill.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eat wild pork all the time. Excellent table fare if processed properly in the field. I don't gut the Pig simply take the four quarters and the back straps. Get them on ice quickly. Cook the hams and loin anyway you want. The way I've enjoyed the shoulders is to smoke them whole then chunk up the meat cover with BBQ and put in the crock pot till it falls apart.

Good luck have fun.

If you kill some little porkers, try putting the whole skinned, gutted and washed pig on the smoker for 5 or 6 hours, then "steam" in a big turkey pan in the oven at 200-220 with some Head Country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom