Horrible Experience with Local Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually I do FFL transfers to SSP, I called them Thursday and they had their info faxed to the online company I bought the gun from in half an hour! (thank you SSP) I changed my mind and decided to ship locally to American Armory and Tactial for $15. AAT said they would have it sent out by Thursday as well or maybe Friday morning.

I called Friday morning and it was not sent but they assured me it would get sent by the end of the day. I called this morning and I told the guy I wasn't happy that they hadn't stuck with their word. His reply nearly verbatim "We dont send things on your demands, if you want to go some where else then go ahead." The next thing he heard from me was a dead phone line. They dont have to worry about seeing me or a dime of my $ again.

Dont tell a customer you will do something by a certain date if you are going to put them on the back burner. I DID find a $10 FFL in NORMAN. His last name is Wheeler and his number is 405-921-2813. He has heard of okshooters so perhaps he is member and will speak up soon. He just received his license a few months ago and will hopefully start putting his name out soon!

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just did another transfer through SSP, 8 lowers, $12 bucks. I think the gal's name was Amber, they were slammed, still got me out in a fairly decent amount of time and was friendly the whole time. SSP always has my business, ton of AR's on the wall, some as low as 650

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had three great experiences with transfers at the SSP location on the north side (and I am sure that the south side location does an equally good job). They get all my transfer business. Keep up the great work Sooner State Pawn.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never have done a transfer with Sooner State Pawn, but I did buy a pistol there a couple weeks ago while in OKC, and have been in there 1-2 other times (south location). Seems like good folks, with a good selection and really good prices. I have started recommending them to folks in my area who talk about going gun shopping in OKC area, as well as J&K Bullets for reloading supplies. Both places are good in my book!

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually I do FFL transfers to SSP, I called them Thursday and they had their info faxed to the online company I bought the gun from in half an hour! (thank you SSP) I changed my mind and decided to ship locally to American Armory and Tactial for $15. AAT said they would have it sent out by Thursday as well or maybe Friday morning.

I called Friday morning and it was not sent but they assured me it would get sent by the end of the day. I called this morning and I told the guy I wasn't happy that they hadn't stuck with their word. His reply nearly verbatim "We dont send things on your demands, if you want to go some where else then go ahead." The next thing he heard from me was a dead phone line. They dont have to worry about seeing me or a dime of my $ again.

Dont tell a customer you will do something by a certain date if you are going to put them on the back burner. I DID find a $10 FFL in NORMAN. His last name is Wheeler and his number is 405-921-2813. He has heard of okshooters so perhaps he is member and will speak up soon. He just received his license a few months ago and will hopefully start putting his name out soon!

Noted

Reminds me of a gun shop in the town I live in, I won't name names, look where I live and I'm sure you'll know.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any gun lover knows we like to receive our guns as soon possible, buying a gun is like Christmas. It would have been shipped Thursday had I stuck with SSP. I'll be lucky to get it Friday as it stands.

Latest posts

Top Bottom