Hot Sauce Preference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite Hot Sauce?

• Tabasco Classic Red

Votes: 32 16.9%
  • Tabasco Green

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Cholula

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Louisiana Hot Sauce

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • Frank's Red Hot

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Sriracha

Votes: 23 12.2%
  • Something Else (Please Comment)

Votes: 38 20.1%

• Total voters

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For some reason I'm more about green Tabasco than red unless it comes to beer. I only use red Tabasco in my beer.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, for the record Brandi, I'm old and probably will be in a nursing home in a few more years. I still like my food well seasoned and I prefer Maria's Sharps Habanero sauce. Never heard that old people don't like good food. Guess that's why I'm on this forum more than I should be just so some real smart young people like you can teach us old folks a few things. BTW..I bet you impress everyone when you go out to eat. My son worked in a kitchen during college and they all had a special seasoning they would put on food for people that had to have theirs a little better than most....Have a good day......Viking

I never included everyone into that group, I'm sorry you felt you were somehow being targeted. It certainly wasn't any kind of age bashing either as you seem to have gathered and, as I said, I'm not a youngster. I'm sorry if you thought you were being picked on, it wasn't my intention and I never said older people don't enjoy good food, those are your words not mine. I was simply telling the story of actual accounts. The comment that bland food is for nursing homes comes from my personal experience working in a nursing home and the food they served. Don't worry I won't tell anyone about you sneaking hot sauce in, heck give me a call when the time comes, and I'll smuggle in whatever you want (as long as it's legal )...have a nice day to you also.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That statement just saved you a serious tongue lashing. :D

Not only do I slather hot sauce on most items that I eat, but grow my own peppers from stolen seed obtained at Avery Island. Home of Tobasco.

I keep 2 liter bottles of home made sauce aging in a fridge, to be opened when they mature. typically in their third year. I have one that has been aging for almost 6 years as an experiment. I may open it in honor of this thread.

LOL, apparently someone else missed that part. It's interesting that as I've grown older, I'm no youngster, I've noticed that people my age either start leaning towards bland or towards even more heavily spiced foods. I'm in the more spice group except during the holidays when my mom is in town then we can't have anything with spice *sad face*. You'll have to share with me your hot sauce making process! I've failed so far, everything I've tried settles and separates which looks terrible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom