How many hours per week do you work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many hours a week do you work? Average over 4 weeks.

• Work? What's that??? Obama pays my bills!

Votes: 10 5.6%
  • < 20

Votes: 8 4.5%
  • 20-39

• 40-50

Votes: 74 41.8%
  • 50-60

Votes: 39 22.0%
  • 60+

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • 80+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am a 5th Grade Special Education Teacher here in Moore Schools. so 180 contract days a year. 6.75 hours a day. by school standards!

BUT really I work probably 50-60 hours a week (lesson planning, meetings, ect) and that's probably correct on the number of days! LOL.

But I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!

Somedays I feel like I should pay to be this happy!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a 5th Grade Special Education Teacher here in Moore Schools. so 180 contract days a year. 6.75 hours a day. by school standards!

BUT really I work probably 50-60 hours a week (lesson planning, meetings, ect) and that's probably correct on the number of days! LOL.

But I ABSOLUTELY LOVE WHAT I DO!!!!!!!!!!

Somedays I feel like I should pay to be this happy!

I am so tickled for you! The kids that come through your class are lucky, lucky kids ... :)

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour. Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

Classic!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some weeks I have no work. Some weeks I have more work than I can do. I much prefer the former, as long as there are not so many of them I can't eat or keep the lights on. And that has not happened yet. A busy week pays for a slow month.

Money has never motivated me. If I lived in a real city I might have a different outlook, but in Tulsa it's so easy to be poor and have a nice house and a nice car and eat well. I have friends in real cities that have to bust their ass and save for years, working jobs that pay more than I'll ever make, just to buy houses equivalent to the ones I bought here at 19 and 24. Thanks Oklahoma! I think our cost of living is why we are a state. Whenever I get to thinking about moving, I pull up home sale prices/rent prices elsewhere and I'm all like 'oh yeah, stuff costs actual money in other places'.

Latest posts

Top Bottom