How many LEO's do we have on here, retired or presently?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got nuthing but props for folks who work with the general public or little children. I have no patience for either ...

I feel the same way. When I was younger i wanted to be an LE. But, after working with the public for 8 years or so I have a very low tolerance for BS and the general public. I dont have the patience or tolerance to do the job. If somebody called me a name i'd probably go off on them. I used to drive a retired CVPI and I was changing out my alternator in oreilys parking lot. These little punk looking kids called me a pig when they drove off. And I got dirty looks from the kids hanging out at sonic.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once upon a time I was an Army MP, later Navy security forces (9545) amoung other things (AT, CC, PN) reserve officer in FL & WA. Was medically retired after 16 1/2 years active duty. Currently in school to become a counselor.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. BB if you can talk to me for 5 min. you can talk to kids and get along with them just fine. After all my years of teaching, I find I have a fifth grade mind. I like their jokes and I find mysef laughing at the same things they do. It drives my wife wild, but she taught elementary school for 37 years and seems to handle it just fine.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Both. My teaching was in the U.S. Army as an instructor for Basic Non-Comissioned Officers in the MOS of 11C20/30. I taught for four years in Germany at Hohenfels training center. After I retired from the U.S. Army in 1997 I went to work for my home county in Georgia as a Deputy Sheriff. I spent five years working there before I got fed up with it. Just got tired of watching the "revolving door theory" at work.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Left my last agency in 1994. Left the USNR as an MA1 in 2000. Managed to finish my BA degree in CJ Administration in 2011 just to say I was done. Now I can use it and $1 to get a large diet coke at McDonalds. I've been in retail for the past 20 years and have never regretted leaving LE. I loved the job but in Missouri it never would have paid enough to support a family on more than a subsistence lifestyle and they deserved better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom