How to Travel with a firearm???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BamaAlum97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently flew and carried to Florida with no issues. As previously stated, buy a good locking case and make sure you declare your firearm when you check in. If you check in at one of those self service kiosks, just be sure to tell the person who tags your luggage. Make sure you travel with good, sturdy luggage and position your case so that it does not move around too much inside your suitcase.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fly with a gun all the time and I've never had an issue. Locked, hard sided case with a non-TSA lock. Gun and mags empty (you can actually fly with loaded mags in mag pouches, but I discourage it because not all agents are aware of this), ammo in original factory type packaging. The ammo can even be in the locked case with the gun.

When she checks her bags at the ticket counter, request a firearms declaration. Fill it out and drop it in the suitcase directly on top of the gun case. Done! On the way back, depending on which airport she returns from, she may have to stand by and wait while the TSA inspects the suitcase. It all depends on what type of setup they have at that airport.

Latest posts

Top Bottom