I am going to he77

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a vehicle in my driveway that needs engine work and I have been putting off trying to sell it, especially on CL or FB because of the tire kickers and no shows.

I can put up with lowball offers but the idiots that want to set up a meeting and not show up tend to piss me off.

I sold some guns on ArmsList earlier this year for the first time when trying to collect money to build my precision rifle.

It was insane the amount of lowballs I got, and the tirekickers who just wanted to waste my time. My ads were very clear I wouldn't put up with that shite and if you weren't interested in meeting in my specified area (still 45 minutes away from me), then don't bother. I still got a ton of them. I also posted if you're not ready to buy, then message me when you ARE. As in, no, I'm not holding it until Friday when you get paid.

Got stood up at least twice, once after leaving work early just to meet the guy and drive 45 miles to do so. Eff that. If I ever do it again, I'll be even more strict in my dealings. Lots of people who emailed me just got a "No," in response, I didn't jack around with people.

I walked away from one deal because it was just too shady. Guy sent someone else to meet me in the parking lot, the deal was on-again/off-again, etc. I walked away and left his "cousin/brother" standing there with cash in his hand. Sold it an hour later to someone else on the other side of Tulsa.

Some shady MFers out there. Rick, be careful, man.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn you guys are wound tight today. It's just a part of doing business. Everybody has stuff worth three times what they paid for it, everybody else thinks it ain't worth **** because they are probably being lied to about the condition of whatever it is ... Not everyone is as honorable (or dishonorable) as everyone else. Buyer beware didn't become a saying for no reason.

I don't mind the lowball offers ... Just like I don't really mind if whatever I have doesn't sell. But then I'm just a dumb gurl who hangs onto most everything she acquires and if I do decide to sell it's not because I need the money for something important. Most likely I just found something I like better is all ...

And before anyone gets butthurt none of this was directed at anyone in particular -- just my observations from over here at the kid's table ...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you get lowballs as soon as you post something it is insulting. Period. Insult me and I will insult you back. I am old, cranky, and have enough friends. I do not have to be nice to a$$holes.

I am offering it for less than I paid for it like everything else I sell.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sold some guns on ArmsList earlier this year for the first time when trying to collect money to build my precision rifle.

It was insane the amount of lowballs I got, and the tirekickers who just wanted to waste my time. My ads were very clear I wouldn't put up with that shite and if you weren't interested in meeting in my specified area (still 45 minutes away from me), then don't bother. I still got a ton of them. I also posted if you're not ready to buy, then message me when you ARE. As in, no, I'm not holding it until Friday when you get paid.

Got stood up at least twice, once after leaving work early just to meet the guy and drive 45 miles to do so. Eff that. If I ever do it again, I'll be even more strict in my dealings. Lots of people who emailed me just got a "No," in response, I didn't jack around with people.

I walked away from one deal because it was just too shady. Guy sent someone else to meet me in the parking lot, the deal was on-again/off-again, etc. I walked away and left his "cousin/brother" standing there with cash in his hand. Sold it an hour later to someone else on the other side of Tulsa.

Some shady MFers out there. Rick, be careful, man.

I hear you man. Similar stuff has happened to me. There are members here I'd be happy to meet damn near anywhere in the state but for the unwashed masses on armslist or craigslist.. Heck no. Tulsa metro area only.

Latest posts

Top Bottom